Chapter 52

It's currently 8:30 in the morning on a Christmas Eve so we are making our way to the house my family rented since we would be spending our time there for the Noche Buena before spending the Christmas day with Christen's family.

Noche Buena is more important than Christmas day itself.

"Isabella, when we get there I want you to take a nap so you would be able to stay awake until midnight."

"Yes mommy."

I felt Christen hold my hand while I drove making me smile as my hand rested on her lap.

"Everyone is there already?"

"Nope, some of them decided to walk around or something and some are at the beach but Lola, Mimi and Eye are there and they need help with cooking dinner so we're going there instead."

She nodded her head and we continued our drive in silence, I could feel the nerves radiation off of her making me squeeze her hand in reassurance.

We pulled up at a huge mansion that we rented, all lit up with Christmas lights, my Aunts probably decorated it when they arrived, knowing how obsessed they are with decorations.

Christen and I opened the trunk to get all of the presents out which was a lot might I say, all of the gifts saying that it came from Christen, Isabella and I. I know, so domestic.

The door opened and Lola walked out with a huge smile on her face. She approached Isabella and Christen and hugged the both of them.

"Christen, Isabella, I missed you both."

I looked at my grandmother in disbelief.

"What the hell am I? Chopped liver?"

My grandmother faced me with her hands on her waist.

"No you are not chopped liver, liver tastes good and I doubt that you do... I would say that you are an ampalaya... a bitter gourd."

I rolled my eyes but pulled her in a hug nonetheless.

"I'm just kidding, you know I lab you."

I chuckled and kissed her forehead. My cousin, Jun-jun came out and helped us with the presents.

"Chris this is Jun-jun one of my cousins,  Jun, this is Christen, my girlfriend."

He gave her a shy smile and a bow before grabbing things from my hand and carrying it inside. Lola immediately grabbed Isabella towards the house while I rested my hand on Christen's back and guided her towards the house.

"¡BUENOS DÍAS MI FAMILIA!" (GOOD MORNING MY FAMILY!!)

I got a bunch of replies from around the house in different languages making me chuckle. I led my girlfriend to the kitchen where Yeye and my Aunts were making dumplings while Mimi was stuffing turkey.

"Nǐ hǎo yéyé hé āyímen. Good morning Mimi, it's nice seeing you guys again, it's been a while." (Hello grandpa and Aunts.)

They looked up at me and smiled.

"Wǒmen měilì de zhínǚ, wǒmen xiǎngniàn nǐ." (Our beautiful niece, we missed you.)

They eyes Christen curiously when they noticed her standing beside me. I quickly went and kissed their cheeks before once again standing beside Christen. My girlfriend gave me a nervous look but I just squeezed her hand in reassurance.

"This is Christen, my girlfriend. Babe, this is my Yeye, Ronald; my Mimi Dinah and my Aunts Lilian, Veronica, Shane and Bobbie."

They looked at her for a second before sending her a warm smile.