Chapter 68

I'm back home in Seattle for the season. We're in the middle of practice when I heard my name being called. I looked up in confusion when I saw Brittany with Owen, Josey, Isabella and Stephany. They looked frantic while they had suitcases with them.

Vlatko went to them but I just continued doing the drills. Pinoe went beside me and looked at me confused.

"Why are the little ones here?"

I shrugged in confusion as I made my way over there when Vlatko called me.

"Apparently there's an emergency."

I looked at Britt concerned.

"Wasn't Santana and Mercedes suppose to land here today? Where are they? Did something happen?"

Stephany and Brittany looked at each other unsure before looking back at me. Megan jogged towards us and stood beside me, listening to what the two women were gonna say.

"That's kind of the emergency. Nothing bad happened to them but... Someone is kinda at your house."

"And Santana and Mercedes may or may not be looking after her at this very moment."

After Vlatko excuse us for training today and we started our drive back home. We called Sue on the way and told her to meet us there. I didn't wait for the car to stop fully before I stepped out of the car and stormed into my house.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Well that's not a nice way to great your mother."

.

I sat on the couch across from the devil lady herself. I had to pry Santana away from the woman as she tried to go all Lima Heights on her ass.

I made sure to keep my face stoic as I waited for her to speak.

"I see you're still doing that soccer crap."

I looked down and saw that I was still wearing my jersey. I rolled my eyes and tossed my hair to the side, already done with this conversation.

"Cut the crap Cecilia. Why are you here?"

"Don't talk to me like that Michelle, I am still your mother."

I put my fist down on the table, startling her.

I am usually the level headed one, I rarely get mad and when I do, I just stay quiet. So it's really rare for anyone to see me burst like this.

"Really? Really? Since when? You barely even fucking raised me, the maids knew more about me than you. Lola was more of a mother to me than you ever had been. Fuck, do you even know my birthday?"

I watched the woman look down, not saying a word, making me scoff.

"My point exactly. Now tell me why you are here so we could get this over with."

"You're dad and I divorced, the company went bankrupt and..."

I looked at her in disbelief when I realized what she was here for.

"So you're here to ask me for money..."

I heard footsteps from the kitchen and I saw Santana and Pinoe storming in but Sue and Brittany stopped them. I have the both of them a look before grabbing my bag to get my wallet out. I got my own to get ready to write out a check.

"How much do you need?"

"Maybe a thousand dollars to start up the first and second week of chemo and stuff. I will figure the rest out as time passes."

I looked at her confused as I brought my own down to look at her.

"Chemo?... You have cancer?"

She shook her head and gave me a sad smile.

"Not me, my daughter... Your sister."

I heard something drop from the kitchen and I felt my jaw drop a little.

"Excuse you? My what?"

A/n: didn't see that one coming did ya? Tbh also me but I just write this book one chapter at a time. This chapter is also supppeerr short because it just felt right to end it there LMAO