Chapter 61

I opened the door when someone knocked on it only to be met by my Tia Valentina. I pulled her in a hug and guided her inside, helping her with her suitcase.

"Ha pasado un tiempo tía, espero que hayas tenido un vuelo cómodo." (it's been a while Aunt, I hope you had a comfortable flight.)

"oh mi dulce sobrina te ves mas linda que la ultima vez que te vi." (oh my sweet niece, you look more beautiful than during the last time I saw you)

We were not able to see each other for 3 years since she was travelling around Europe and sadly she was stranded last Christmas so she wasn't also able to come then. I then found out that she was planning on just staying with Lola so I asked if she could look after Isabella for me, at least until the end of the she believes tournament and she happily agreed to do it which I am very grateful for.

She gave me a warm smile and bent down when Bambi and pet her. Christen came downstairs and smiled at us.

"Oh, and who is this beautiful lady?"

Christen blushed and put her hand out for my Tia to shake.

"Hola, mi nombre es Christen. Soy la novia de Michelle." (Hello, my name is Christen. I'm Michelle's girlfriend.)

She looked at my girlfriend impressed as she shook her hand. She looked back at me and back at Christen with a nod.

"Oh, español. Ya es un gran cheque para mi libro. I'm Valentina, the best our of all the de los Reyes clan, yes including my mother." (Oh, spanish. Already a big check on my book.)

Then Tobin came running down the stairs then stopped when she saw someone else was here. She awkwardly stood there while we looked at her, Chris and I tried to hold in our laughter.

"Uh... Hola?"

I chuckled and stood beside Tobin.

"Tia, this is Tobin a close friend of ours, Tobs this is my Aunt, Valentina."

Tobin shook her hand with a grin before she was tackled down on the floor by Isabella who was in a giggling fit.

"Isabella dear, what do you think your doing?"

My daughter's head snapped up and she immediately leaped up to go to my Tia's arms.

"TIA GANDA!! ¡TE EXTRAÑÉ!" (I MISSED YOU!)

"Your Spanish is improving niñita."

My daughter gave Tia Valentina a toothy grin before going down and pulling Tobin back up to drag her and Christen to the backyard making me shake my head.

She's so fucking hyper, I don't understand.

I looked at my Tia who was looking at me with a small smile on her face.

"Is there something on my face of something? What's wrong?"

She shook her head and held my hands.

"You are glowing Shell, you have that massive smile on your face which I am not used to seeing, you look
... Happy."

I gave her a shy smile while looking down, avoiding eye contact.

"Well... I am happy Tia."

"She's also a very pretty lady ah, did nanay already meet her?" (nanay = mother)

I nodded my head with a grin.

"Yeah, she actually went to the Noche Buena so almost half of the family knows her already and so far everybody loves her."

She squeezed my hand with a huge smile on her face.

"I'm glad. Now tell me about football."

I led her to the couch and we start catching up with each other.