Chapter 28

We are boarding the plane to Frisco, Texas for the semis and finals. I still haven't confessed how I feel towards Christen but I can't seem to find the right time and it's kind of frustrating. Christen and I grow closer and closer together each time that passes and the more time we spend together, the more my feelings grow stronger.

"You want the window or the aisle seat?"

I looked at the options and picked the aisle seat, letting Press have the window seat. I watched her look outside the window, admiring the way she looks. She's so beautiful.

I looked at the aisle across me and saw Isabella with Sam and they had their earphones on. I quickly took a picture before putting my seatbelt on for take off. Once the seatbelt sign went off, the chaos happened.

I watched people switch places, stopping to dance on the aisle and they just kept standing up making me shake my head.

I leaned into Christen with a smirk on my face.

"I bet you $5 that Emily is going to trip."

"Deal."

We both watched Emily stand up and tripped face first into the floor making me cheer.

"Eyyyyy!!"

The team laughs as they watch Christen hand me a crisp 5 dollar bill making me smirk.

"Hey Mitch, I get a cut."

I looked at Sonnett and laughed.

"Fine, 80/20."

She thought about it for a while before nodding her head.

"Money is money, can't complain."

We just landed in Dallas and it's a little hotter than North Carolina but nothing we can't handle. I pulled Izzy and I's suitcase while Christen helped me with one of my handbags. I gave her a thankful smile as we made our way to the front of the airport and board the bus going to Frisco.

I'm kind of feeling the jet lag so I leaned my head on Christen's shoulder. I felt her lean closer to me making me smile. I intertwined our pinkies as we both looked outside the window.

The next day I have been fidgety and kept to myself as I plan on singing the song for Chris tonight before bed or something I don't know whenever the time feels right. I feel super anxious, not really knowing how she will react, though we have been very close the past few days, I still have no idea if she feels the same way.

I guess everyone noticed that I became quieter than usual and Becky and Ash have picked up on some of my anxious ticks as they kept glancing my way during training.

"You okay there champ?"

I looked at Becky as she set me aside. I felt eyes on us and I looked up meeting Christen's concerned look. I gave her a small smile and turned my attention back to Becky.

"Did you do it?"

I shook my head and sighed, messing with the bottom of my shirt.

"Not yet, I'm planning on doing it tonight."

She gave me a reassuring smile, as if reading my mind.

"It will be alright, I'm pretty sure she feels the same way, anyone with eyes could see that."

I pouted at her.

"I'm sorry my eyes are kinda shit then."

She laughed and shook her head, pulling me back to the field where we continued the drill we were doing.

We were finally back in our rooms and my heart is beating super fucking fast that I feel like I'm about to explode.

The whole day, I avoided talking and making eye contact with Chris. I felt Christen's pinkie on mine as she pulled me to the room. Once the door closed, she faced me.