Chapter 12

"Britt, you know where everything is, Isabella's school starts at 8 in the morning and ends at 5:30 because of practice, please don't forget that. You know where the groceries are it's in the pantry, if you need more things, walmart is 15 minutes away. Dog food is in the cabinet under the sink, please feed some vegetables to the dog occasionally, Izzy knows her diet. If you get stuck in the bathroom again, just call out for Izzy she'll know what to do, you not knowing how to lock doors is a blessing in disguise honestly, but just in case, Isabella has a whole lot of hair pins and if she's not here just bust the door open like I taught you don't hold back, just kick it open."

Brittany rested her hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Mitch, relax, I got this."

My mind then flashback to the time she almost burnt my house down last time she said she got this 4 years ago.

I pulled up to my driveway to see thick smoke from the backyard, and if my calculations are right, it's coming from the kitchen window at the back.

I quickly ran towards the front door and opened it. I ran toward the kitchen and saw that the place was filled with thick dark smoke, all coming from the pot. I quickly ran to the fire extinguisher and put the fire out.

I started to freak out more once I realized that Brittany, Isabella and Owen

"Oh look Isabella, Owen, this is what you call nimbus clouds. It means it's about to rain."

I let out a deep sigh in relief once I saw that the three of them were safe.

"Oh hey Michelle. I was just showing them the clouds that got into your house."

She said with a huge smile. She then looked at me up and down.

"Ew, why are you all sweaty?"

I looked back at the pot and back to her with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay Britt, my number is on speed dial if you need anything or if there is an emergency. Don't hesitate to call me... or the fire station."

I faced my daughter and smiled.

"You know where the fire extinguisher is and don't worry, Sandra will come by once in a while. I love your Aunt Britt to pieces but you could never know what would happen if you leave her in charge."

She laughed and nodded.

I grabbed my suitcase and gave her forehead a peck once I heard the honk right in front of my house.

"Be a good girl okay? The number for the pizza parlor down the street is by the fridge, if your Aunt almost burns down the house, grab her immediately. She gets fascinated by fire sometimes. If the fire gets too big, call the fire department-"

"Then grab Josey and Owen and run, I know mom, you don't have to worry. Just enjoy camp and say hello to the girls for me."

I smiled and nodded, giving her one last hug before hugging Brittany, and kissing Josey and Owen's forehead.

"I'll see you guys in 2 weeks."

I walked out of the house and to the front where I saw Pinoe in her car. I put my suitcase at the trunk before going to the passenger's seat.

"I don't feel safe with you driving. Gays are known to be bad drivers."

"Not this gay."

As soon as she said that, the car immediately sped forward making me clutch on the side so hard my knuckles are turning white.

"Oh my god, we're going to die."

.

Pinoe, Allie and I arrived at the hotel and we were the last ones to arrive.

"Martins, nice seeing you again."

I smiled at them and nodded in acknowledgment. I walked over to Jill and she handed me the key to my room.

"You're gonna be rooming with O'Hara. Meeting at the conference room is in an hour and I'm giving you your kit first thing in the morning."

I nodded my head and headed up to the room Kelley and I share. I entered the room and saw her laying there while scrolling through her phone. I gave her a tight lipped smile and dropped my bag at the empty bed.

"Hey Michelle, where's the little one?"

"She's back at home, my friend is looking after her."

She nodded her head and went back on her phone. I pulled mine out and sent Britt and Izzy a text.

Magical Unicorn🦄: Hey, I just arrived at the hotel, how's everything going?

Genius 🎓: It's going great, the kids are asleep now. I'm about to facetime Lady Tubbington, she said Lord Tubbington was planning on getting into drugs again. We have no more money for rehab.

Magical Unicorn🦄: Okay, good luck with Lord Tubbington. Love you Britt

Genius 🎓: Love you too Mitch

I chuckled and shook my head.

"Who you texting, a special someone perhaps, whose the lucky guy?"

I snorted and shook my head.

"I'm just texting a good friend of mine. She-"

"She?"

Kelley raised her eyebrows at me making me roll my eyes.

"Yes, she... is looking after Izzy. And before you get any other ideas, she's married with 2 kids."

I looked down at the time and noticed that it was time to go down to the conference room for a meeting.

"The meeting is about to start in 10 minutes, we should head down."

I waited for Kelley to put her shoes on and we both head down to the conference room. Kelley went in ahead and sat by the front beside Alex and I went directly at the back and kept my head down, feeling a bit tired from the flight.

I felt people sit beside me but I didn't mind them as I started dozing off, but before I fully dozed off, Jill enters the room.

"Joder sólo quiero dormir." (Fuck I just want to sleep.)

I mumbled under my breath as I rubbed my eyes, trying to get the sleep away from me.

I then heard a cute giggle beside me making me snap my head up and saw that it was Christen.

"I didn't know you could speak Spanish."

I shrugged and gave her a small smirk.

"You don't know a lot of things about me Pressy."

She shrugged back and gave me a small, almost shy, smile.

"Then let me get to know you."

I smiled back at her and looked forward as Jill started talking about the training schedule and the some tactics since the team dynamic will kind of change since I am here now. 

I was so concentrated on Jill that I didn't notice all the stares that were on me, including the green-eyed forward beside me.