Chapter 58

January 18, 2019

We just landed in France for a friendly against them then we're flying for out to Spain after that for a game against them so it's gonna be a very fast paced week.

I carried my luggage up to the room I am once again sharing with Christen and and took a quick shower. I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me and saw that Isabella and Christen laying on the bed all snuggled up.

"You guys look cozy."

They both grinned at me before Isabella went back to watching tv but I could still feel Christen's eyes linger on me. I turned to her with a wink before getting my clothes and going to the bathroom to change.

.

My eyes never left Christen on the field as I watched from the bench. I got a mild concussion from practice yesterday when Kelley and I's head accidentally collided so that leaves me on the bench so I could recover.

The game so far hasn't been going great. It's one of the only games that Christen gets to start and I see her get frustrated that none of the goals that she was getting were getting finished. Isabella and I watched helplessly as the whistle blew and we lost 3-1.

I walked up to the field and shook hands with some of the french players.

"Vous avez fait du bon travail aujourd'hui, félicitations." (You guys did great out there today, congratulations.)

They looked at me kind of shocked before giving me a sad smile.

"Je vous remercie. Nous avons hâte de jouer contre vous." ( Thank you. We can't wait to play against you.)

"Oui, nous avons entendu beaucoup de choses sur vous." (Yes, we heard a lot of things about you.)

I chuckled and gave them a nod.

"J'ai hâte de jouer contre vous aussi. Mais si vous m'excusez, je dois y aller. Mon équipe a besoin de moi." (I can't wait to play against you guys too. But if you excuse me, I have to go. My team needs me.)

I gave them a final smile before jogging toward Christen who was putting her jacket on. I gave her a sad smile and pulled her in a hug. She nuzzled her head on the crook of my neck as I ran my hand through her hair.

"Don't beat yourself up for this okay? I know you Chris. This is not your fault."

I discreetly kissed her forehead before pulling her to the huddle that was forming. I let my right hand rest on Becky's back and my left hand around Christen's as we listen to what Jill before breaking the huddle and making our way to the locker room, the one super energetic team now silent, but you could see the determination in their eyes.

Next up, Spain.

The next day we had the day off before we fly off to Spain and I thought that Isabella, Chris and I needed a day out for a while to kind of unwind so I booked us a train ticket from Le Havre to Paris and from Paris to Coupvray because I also got the 3 of us tickets to Disneyland.

I woke my 2 girls up early so we could start the day off early and we could start our day early. I shook both of them awake since they slept here in our room and we all got ready for the journey ahead of us.

"Mitch, you better know where we are going cause I swear if we get lost Jill will kill us."

I chuckled and gave the girl a reassuring squeeze on the hand. We're at the metro right now making our way through the twists and turns of the busy area.

"Trust me babe, i know where I'm going."

It didn' take long before we found the platform where we were suppose to be at and we made our 2 and a half hour journey to Paris.