Chapter 40

November 16, 2018

Isabella and I have have been in LA for a day now. During camp, I played in both games against Portugal (scoring 2 goals) and Scotland a week after (scoring 3 goals) and the team has been trying to get it out of me but I stayed strong. It's easy actually, one glare from me and they back off. Apparently I'm that intimidating.

My daughter and I are staying at Brittana's new house so we didn't have to go and rent an air bnb anymore.

Yeye and Mimi flew back to Atlanta, Georgia the day after I arrived back home so we had a day to spend with each other, which wasn't a lot but they had to go back cause of Yeye's garden.

"I still don't get why you and Christen aren't together yet, like it's obvious you have the hots for each other."

I rolled my eyes and just continued scrolling through Instagram when I recieved a text from Christen and from Tyler so I opened my girlfriend's text message first.

"Oops, lover girl is texting."

Chris: Mom and Tyler were wondering if you and Isabella want to have dinner here at the house.

I looked at Isabella who was playing with Owen.

Mitch: Okay babes, just text me the time and date

I went and opened Tyler's text.

Tyler Press: I heard you in LA. Come swing by for dinner, bring your daughter.

Mitch: Okay boss. Chris texted me, we will for sure be there.

I went back to Christen's contact when I saw that she replied.

Chris: Is tonight okay? Channing is also home for thanksgiving in a few days they really want to meet you. At around 6? Just send me your address and I'll come get you both.

Mitch: Okay

Chris: I do have something to ask you though, can I call you?

I knew that it was something serious if she's asking if she could call me since she hates phonecalls and would rather text. I quickly stood up to go outside to answer her call so my 2 best friends won't be able to hear.

I saw Christen's name so I answered it.

"Hey babe, what's wrong?"

There was a pause then shuffling before I hear her let out a small hi making me internally coo.

"I-I was just wondering if we could come out t-to my family now? I mean if you don't feel comfortable we can't but I just can't hide anything from them and my sisters are pretty good at reading everything about me so I just thought it would be best to come clean to them and some of my other family members will be coming in a few days and we won't have much privacy and-"

I cut her off with a chuckle.

"Christen relax, I don't mind telling them about our relationship, they are your family. I know how important they are to you, but if you excuse me, I have 5 hours to mentally prepare myself. Fuck, I need to atleast buy something to bring to your house. I don't want to go there empty handed."

It was Christen's turn to chuckle.

"Now you're the one who has to relax. You don't have to bring anything babe."

"Christen, I will bring something and that's final."

We caught up with each other for a little bit before we said goodbye. Now onto the bigger problem here... what the fuck will I bring? Oh god I think i'm going to be sick.