Chapter 26

October 7, 2018

Today is our game against Panama, we are in the locker room waiting for Jill as we changed into our jersey and cleats. I sat beside Alex and Mal since my cubbies were beside each other.

"You ready? You're starting today."

I looked at alex confused and chuckled, shaking me head.

"Me? Starting? Nahhh."

She gave me a pointed look and was about to say something when Jill entered the room.

"Okay, starting 11, we have Harris, Short, Sauerbrunn, Dahlkemper and Sonnett for the defense line. Middies would have to be Ertz, Mewis and Brian. Forwards, Lloyd you're up top, and then we have Press..."

I looked at Christen and gave her a huge smile and she returned it to me. A bunch of poeple went to Chris and patted her back and cheered for her. I know how much this means to her. For some reason she doesn't start often, which I think is a bunch of bullshit, but hey, life fucking sucks so...

"... and to complete the front line, we have Martins."

Everyone cheered once again and started going to me, probably more excited for my debut than I am. I smiled at them and we started going to the field for warm ups.

I saw Christen approach me with Izzy so I sent them a smile and pulled them in a hug.

"MOM!! YOU'RE GOING TO BE PLAYING!! I GET TO SEE YOU PLAY!!"

I chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"Yeah you are bud, now I want you to be a good girl for Dawn okay? She's going to be looking after you."

"I'm just gonna sit beside Mal the whole time, I promise."

I ruffled her hair and watched her run towards the benches, leaving me and Christen alone. She gave me a grin, making me return it.

"We get to start together, isn't that great?"

I chuckled at her excitedness and put my arm around her shoulder.

"Couldn't have it any other way Press."

We went back to warming up.

.

"MARTINS ON A HAT TRICK!! SHE STILL HAS IT FOLKS!! MICHELLE MARTINS IS BACK AND SHE IS READY TO DOMINATE THE FIELD ONCE MORE!!"

I looked at my daughter and grinned when I saw her on Tobin's shoulder, screaming her head off. I pointed at her, like what she did when she scored the goal in her game, and she grinned pointing back.

I felt a bunch of my teammates jump on me making me chuckle.

"YOU'RE A BEAST MARTINS!!"

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE??!!!"

I laughed and told them to go back to position. I felt someone's hand on my shoulder making me look back and I saw that it was Christen making me smile wider.

"Hey there champ."

I chuckled and pulled her in a hug. We smiled at each other and she playfully pinched my sides making me jump slightly and giving I gave her a playful glare.

"Heyy."

She laughed and we went back to the game. I made eye contact with Carli and she sent me a smirk, making me smirk back.

I looked around at the bleachers to all of the cheering fans making me grin.

Yup... this is where I belong.