Chapter 11

"I already told all the coaches in the NWSL league since you told me that that's where you want to play and a bunch of them are already taking an interest in you but I told them to kind of hush hush for a while, until I announce the roster for the CONCACAF Tournament. I'm gonna forward you the emails."

I nodded my head and shook Jill's hand.

"Thank you so much Jill."

She gave me a nod and I walked back to the table where Isabella, Pinoe, Ash and Ali were sitting because we were having breakfast.

"So what teams have contacted you so far?"

I shrugged and ate a spoonful of eggs.

"Not sure yet, Jill will forward me the offers."

They nodded and we continued eating our food. Halfway through breakfast, Christen came down with Tobin behind her. They sat on the seats in front of me and I sent them a smile and continued eating, occasionally speaking when someone asks me a question.

After we ate our breakfast, I hugged my now teammates and grabbed Izzy and I's backpacks and I watched at the side as Izzy said her goodbyes to the national team.

"You're gonna have to visit Orlando soon."

I looked at Ash who stood beside me with her arms crossed, Ali standing next to her.

"For sure Harris, but we're going to be seeing each other again next week for camp."

"Your ass better not disappear again Martins, or I swear to all things good, I will hunt you down."

I laughed and nodded before pulling her in for a hug. I faced Ali and gave her a smile.

"It was nice meeting you Ali, thank you for taming the lion."

I felt Ashlyn smack the back of my head making me whine and Ali to laugh at the both of us. i made eye contact with Christen making me smile. I gave her a slight nod before walking towards the entrance of the hotel where my daughter, Pinoe and Allie were waiting for me to finish talking to the couple.

I put an arm around Izzy and kissed her forehead.

"You ready to go home?"

She nodded and we entered the Uber.

(Ashlyn's POV)

I watched with a smirk as Christen and Michelle made eye contact and I watched as Christen's cheeks turned red. I nudged Ali and discreetly pointed towards the flustered forward and we both smirked and strutted towards our friend.

"You like her."

She looked at us faked confused making me roll my eyes.

"I don't know what you guys are talking about."

We heard a scof behind us making all 3 of us turn around. Kelley was standing there with Alex and Tobin, their arms were crossed and their eyebrows raised.

"Don't act all clueless on us now Pressy, we know you're crushing on her."

She huffed and glared at us.

"I admire her, yes. But do I wanna be with her? I don't know cause we barely know each other, we just met each other literally yesterday for Christ's sakes. Plus I don't even know if she swings this way or if she is even single."

That got me thinking. Is she single? Is she into girls? That conversation never really got brought up when we were in the Youth Team. I'm gonna have to ask Pinoe later.

"Becky, do you know if Michelle is gay?"

She shrugged at all of us.

"If you want to know stuff about her, ask her about it, not me. But I do know one think, please don't overwhelm her. She's been through a lot and her anxiety could get too much sometimes. Learn how to kind of pick up signals and stuff. We're lucky that she wasn't as anxious meeting us yesterday."

We all nodded our head and I watched as Chris looked at the wall in front of her, seeming to be lost in thought.

(Michelle's POV)

"You sure you guys are alright? We could bring you guys home, it's not a problem."

I shook my head and smiled at Pinoe and Sue.

"Yeah, it's alright. A friend of mine is going to be coming here to get us."

They hugged Izzy and I as we walked them towards their car. We waved at them as they drove off. I faced Izzy and smiled before pulling her in for a hug.

"What's this hug for?"

"Am I not allowed to hug my daughter? Are you in that phase now?"

She laughed and shook her head.

"I would never be in that phase, I love your hugs mom."

"And I love you."

"I hate to break up this love fest but I want my hugs too."

Izzy and I pulled away from each other just to see a person I miss so much.

"AUNT BRITT!!"

I smiled as Isabella ran towards the blonde, who was carrying her 2 year old and 7 year old son. I walked towards her with a big smile on my face.

"Hey Brittany, it's so nice to see you again."

It was my turn to pull her into a hug and a bent down to hug Owen.

"Hey bud, how are you doing?"

He gave me toothy grin, his front tooth missing, making me smile wider.

"Hey Aunt Michelle."

"Mitchy."

I looked up and smiled at the 2 year old.

"Hello Josey."

I kissed his cheek making him squeal and hold his hand up towards me. Brittany handed him to me and he clung in to me.

"Where's Santana?"

"Oh, she's stuck at home with Lord Tubbington and Lady Tubbington because she still had some work to do with the record label or something. Her and Mercedes are loaded with paper work, which I don't really understand because I thought record labels are for singers and I never thought it would have to involve that much paper work but I guess times have changed."

We entered their car, me putting Josey in his car seat while Isabella and Owen fell in to an easy conversation. I smiled at the 3 because Josey was trying to join in with them and the 2 pretended like they knew what they were talking about.

"Thank you for coming to look after Isabella for me, I would have asked Sandra but I know she's busy with her business and then I thought about how it's been almost a year since we last saw each other and I know how much the kids have missed each other."

Britt put her hand on my thigh and gave it a tight squeeze.

"Hey, we're family. Isabella is like a daughter to Santana and I and anything to help you out. We're just happy that you're back to doing what you love."

I gave her a smile and nodded, wiping away the tears that were threatening to fall.

"I love you guys."

"We love you too."

Brittany started the car and we drove off to the house.