Chapter 77

London has not been very eventful really. During our off day I was at BBC Radio 1 where I performed my song Let's Fall In Love For The Night and my acoustic rendition of Lizzo's Truth Hurts, and to say that Sammy was happy was an understatement. She was bouncing off the walls when she found out.

Right now we are on our last media day where we will be having a press conference before flying to France. I made sure that my band came back to the United States safely through our group chat that we have before the press con happened.

I gave the cameras a smile as I sat beside Jill and Tobin. I drummed my fingers awkwardly, waiting for a question to be thrown my way. I felt Tobin's hand on me making me look up in question. She signaled the press people through her eyes making me look at them and I saw that they were all looking at me, seeming to wait for a response to a question I didn't hear.

"Uh excuse me? I'm sorry I didn't quiet get that."

"How was training with the team in Tottenham?"

I fixed my posture and leaned closer to the mic.

"The training facilities here are amazing and so far, our stay here as been great. 10 out of 10 would recommend, better than any hotel we've been in so far."

I gave the guy and awkward smile as I heard Tobin and Lindsey try to stifle their laughter. I gave them a look as I tried to stop mine. I pressed my lips into a thin line, trying to look as serious as possible.

"How excited are you for France?"

"Super excited, and we have been training the hardest we have in our whole entire lives and we going into this determined to get the win. I had been in both end of the spectrum. I was once in the stands, cheering for the 99ers during the world cup and it feels surreal that I am the one in the field now with people cheering and supporting us. My grandparents, best friends and my daughter would be there so that just adds the cherry on top of the whole experience."

I flashed them one last smile before turning my attention back in my water bottle.

We made our way to the plane and I sat beside Christen, snuggling closer to her.

"Hello my love."

"Hey baby, I missed you."

She chuckled and pecked my lips before she laid her head on my shoulder and we took a quick snooze as we made a 4 and a half hour flight to Reims, France.

.

We just landed in France and while we were at the airport, a bunch of cameras were following us around and I wasn't really in the most social mood so I made sure to stay close to Christen and Tobin.

Once we arrived at the hotel, Christen and I put our things in the closet and prepared to go to sleep since tomorrow was yet another media day.

I laid beside Christen with a tired grin on my face as I connected our hands together.

"I can't believe we're in France for the World Cup together. I always dreamed of getting to play with you and now here we are."

I smiled up at my girlfriend and kissed her cheek.

"I love you so much."

She flashed me one of her blinding smiles and squeezed my hand.

"I love you so much more."

"Impossible."

"Super possible."

And with that, we closed our eyes and drifted into sleep.

The next day, we had a bunch of photoshoots, interviews and video shoots so it was going to be a very long day for us. I was also in charge of vlogging for the YouTube channel so I was going around with the vlogging camera at hand, pointed at me.