Chapter 74

I laid on the bed just staring at the ceiling, not really wanting to move. We have an early call time for a meeting before going to an early appearance on Good Morning America. Chris came out of the bathroom, her hair all wet and a towel wrapped around her.

Damn.

"Don't forget, we're wearing the blue 3 star shirt and grey sweats and jacket."

I nodded but made no effort to move. My girlfriend looked at me and chuckle before making her way to me and kissing my forehead. I looked up at her with a pout.

"You missed."

"If I kiss you, will you finally stand up?"

I nodded enthusiastically maker laugh and leaned down and connected our lips into a sweet kiss. I grinned and stood up, taking a shower and putting on the clothes that Chrissy already placed on our bed.

I sat beside Christen on the bed while I answered all the texts that were sent to me before grabbing a small bag and putting our phones, wallets and the room keys inside before we walked out to the room and had a thirty minute meeting then we got in the car with Pinoe, Chris and Tobin to go to GMA.

I stayed close to Alex, Megan and Chris as we made our was to the stage. A bunch of people were cheering and screaming while cameras were following our every move making me kind of uncomfortable. We first met up with Hozier.

"Hey, Michelle right? I'm a big fan of your music so far, that tribute was so beautiful."

I smile and shook his hand.

"Thank you, I'm a fan of your music too."

"We should collaborate on a song some time."

They started calling my name so I looked back at the man and grinned.

"Sure, I'll make sure my manager gets in contact with yours."

He looked kind of disappointed but I just brushed it off and made my way in between Pinoe and Carli. I looked back at Christen with a pout since I didn't really wanna be here in front but the 4 of us were assigned to kind of speak up for the whole team. Chris gave me a huge smile before winking at me before the cameras started rolling so I straightened up and put a smile on my face.

Micheal started with Pinoe, Alex and Carli and now it was my turn. I wiped my hand on my sweats as his attention turned to me.

"So Michelle, you're the new addition of the team. How is that?"

I looked up in thought. Dafuck you mean by how is that?

"Uh it's great I guess? They welcomed me with open arms and we all get along really well which is great."

Then Pinoe noticed how uncomfortable I am as she held my hand and answered for me.

"Michelle is an amazing addition to the squad and it's great to have her back. She's not only an amazing player, she's also an amazing human all in all."

I gave Pinoe a thankful smile and side hugged her.

"You released 3 singles since being part of the team, is it hard? Balancing soccer and music?"

I cleared my throat and shook my head.

"Personally it's really not. I'm really fortunate to be able to have the opportunity to exercise my passions all at the same time and that is something I am not taking for granted. But if you are really passionate about something and you have the courage and willpower to do so, you could do and be anything you want."

I looked at the women behind me and grinned.

"And it also definitely helps that I have a great support system backing me up."