A choice

The next day was full of work. Stephen and some others of Kamar Taj helped to bring you belongings into your new home and after setting everything down and installing a new TV, a router and even setting up the dishwasher and washing machine everyone left, leaving you alone in your new house with Stephen. You both went grocery shopping and came back with not only groceries but also some books for the empty shelves and new bed sheets. Stephen's phone rang and Wong told him that he is late for a lesson. It was one of his first ones so it wasn't quite good to be late. You ushered him outside and watched him step through the portal. As you wanted to put your bedsheets on your bed someone rang the doorbell. "Did someone or Stephen forget something?", you asked yourself as you walked down the stairs and up to the front door. As you opened it you were met with a man whose nose had an ugly crack that already healed but wasn't properly growing back together, his hair was Grey and he was small. He wore a suit with the letters TVA on one side. You knew what those letters meant Time Variance Authority. What in the world do they want from you? Didn't they like that you time traveled to save your universe or what?

"How can I help you?", you asked him and looked him up and down. "Uhm... Are you Y/n Odinsdaughter? Soukmate of the God Loki?", he asked and looked up at you. "Yes I am... Can I help you with something?", you asked and your tone in voice became hard and annoyed. "I need you to come with me, we have your husband and need your help."

"Loki is dead... There is no way he is alive after Thanos choked him to death and officially we are not married and won't have the chance for that so it's not nice to joke about that.", you said and were about to close the door as the stranger put his foot between the wall and the door. "This Loki is dead, yes. But the Loki who took you and the Tesseract isn't.". "I have no connection to him... He is the past version of my Loki and he decided to just go and leave with the Tesseract what my Loki didn't do.", you huffed and tried to close the door again but the man pushed it open.

"He demanded that you and he meant the you that wanted the Tesseract to come in contact with him.", he said. "And why would I do that? He left me... Both now me and the past me!", you hissed. "Because you love him in every time line no matter what he did. You and him, you are meant for each other even if you're from different timelines. In every multiverse you belong together.", the man said and you softened. You knew he was right, "And why would he want exactly me? There is the other me waiting for him.".

"That's the problem. Odin stripped you and Thor of your memories about Loki and he banished him so he could never ever enter Asgard again. He has no chance to come home or be reunited with you. In this time line you still belong together but you can't and never will be. He saw this as his only chance to give you what you longed for so long. For him to come back, take care of your future daughter and live the life you always wanted. ", the man answered and waved to your belly.

It's true you wanted Loki to come back from the dead and that's why you even tried to bring him and Natasha back in the snap. Because you didn't want to be alone for the rest of your life." Now I can understand why Wanda resurrected Vision.'', you sighed and left the door open walking into your living room. The man followed you and closed the front door. The kettle in the kitchen was boiling hot water while you and the man sat down. "It's true... I want him back and I am lonely but he is not the Loki I had... My Loki is dead and even in this timeline we are not together so something about what you said is wrong.", you sobbed slightly and waved your hand over to the kitchen where now two cups of tea came flying from. The man was stunned but began to talk again while staring at the flying cups." It's up to you, make him yours... If you decide against it this will be the second time line you won't be together. This time line now only exists because of him taking the Tesseract if he wouldn't have done that none of your time lines would have gotten him back.'', the man said and took one of the cups in his hand and sipped on it.

You were biting your lip, deciding on what to do." Can I sleep over it one night? I can't really think of a way to handle it now. If you want you can stay in one of my guest rooms. Only if you like.", you said and waited nervous for his response.

"I decline to take up space in your house Y/n I will retreat to the Tva and come back tomorrow. I hope I can say Y/n or do I have to call you by your full name or princess?", he asked. "Y/n is okay...",you smiled and led him to the door.

"The name is Mobius.", he smiled and took off.

You locked the door and went upstairs. While the man or now known as Mobius was here the time passed faster than you noticed and it was already 9pm. You changed into a cozy nightgown without using your magic. You did not feel like using it but as soon as you looked on your desk and saw your old hair clip a idea came up in your mind. You used it and the familiar warmth took over your body again. As you opened your eyes you saw little Tom playing with Frigga and Odin watching them. As you approached Frigga looked up.

"Y/n, what are you doing here?", your mother asked confused and approached you. "I wanted to talk to Loki... I need his advice on something concerning him.", you said and looked around.

"You mean the different timeline Loki, don't you?", she said and you stared blankly at her. "Loki isn't here Y/n, the other timeline Loki entered your timeline... So he was taken from here.", she said. "So it's up to me if he returns here or not?" "Indeed.".