Gone

"Where is she?", you almost screamed at Mordo and the paramedic.

"She is already ahead of us and probably already in the hospital.", the paramedic answered and took a step back.

As your ambulance arrived at the hospital you stormed right in the ambulance where you saw that the ancient one was brought into a room where they performed surgery on her.

You couldn't enter the room but look through a window.

You saw how everybody was screaming at each other and then the time slowed down.

You saw that the ancient one was in her Astral form and left the room. You followed her in your own Astral form and saw that when you came to a halt on a balcony Stephen followed her too.

"You need to return to your body! You don't have time.", Stephen begged and walked up to the ancient one's left side since you were standing on her right side.

"Time is relative. Your bodies haven't even hit the floor yet. I've spent so many years peering through time, looking at this exact moment.

But I can't see past it.

I've prevented countless terrible futures.

And after each one, there's always another. And they all lead here, but never further.", she said and sighed.

" You think this is where you die.", you said and looked at her like a hurted puppy.

" Do you wonder what I see in your future?", she asked and looked between you and Stephen.

" No.", Stephen said but you said" Yes.".

" I never saw your future. Only its possibilities.

You have such a capacity for goodness, both of you. ", she smiled and took your hand and squeezed it. Then she looked at Stephen and continued," You always excelled, but not because you crave success, but because of your fear of failure.".

" It's what made me a great doctor.", Stephen said." It's precisely what kept you from greatness.

Arrogance and fear still keep you from learning the simplest and most significant lesson of all."

" Which is?", he asked confused.

" It's not about you.---- When you first came to me,

you asked me how I was able to heal Jonathan Pangborn.I didn't.", she said and made a small pause.

"He channels dimensional energy directly into his own body."

"He uses magic to walk.", Stephen said in awe.

"Constantly. He had a choice, to return to his own life or to serve something greater than himself.".

"So, I could have my hands back again? My old life?", Stephen asked with a shaking breath.

"You could. And the world would be all the lesser for it. I've hated drawing power from the Dark Dimension. But as you well know, sometimes one

must break the rules in order to serve the greater good.", she said and smiled at you knowing that you broke rules more than once back in Asgard.

You smiled back and Stephen noticed that she exactly meant you by her way of talking, " Mordo won't see it that way.", you said.

" Mordo's soul is rigid and unmovable, forged by the fires of his youth. He needs your flexibility,

just as you need his and her strength and Y/ns knowledge of the universe.", she said and looked at you in a way only your mother used to do, a loving and proud way.

" Only together do you stand a chance of stopping Dormammu."

" I'm not ready.", Stephen said

" No one ever is. We don't get to choose our time.

Death is what gives life meaning. To know your days are numbered, your time is short.

You'd think after all this time I'd be ready. But look at me, stretching one moment out into a thousand, just so I can watch the snow." She said and a lightning crossed your view of the sky.

You felt that the ancient one squeezed your hand and then let go.

You looked to your side only to be met with Stephen's Astral body, the ancient one was nowhere in sight.

You woke up sitting in a chair in front of the surgery room and as you turned around you saw that Stephen was walking towards you.

His face was pale and full of sadness. You embraced him in a hug which he gave back to you.

You looked over his shoulder and saw that Christine was watching you.

"I think you need to sort things out Stephen", you said and nodded over to Christine.

"I'll be waiting for you at Kamar Taj...", you gave him a sad smile and walked out of the hospital to find a quiet place to create a portal to Kamar Taj.

You entered the room where all the doors to the Sanctums were and sat down. A few minutes later Mordo joined you and Stephen approached through a portal announcing to Mordo that the ancient one is dead and that Kaecillius will attack the sanctum in Hongkong.

"You told me once to fight as if my life depended on it, because one day, it might. Well, today is that day.", Stephen growled at Mordo

"I can not defeat them alone, nor will I with his help", you said and gave Mordo the puppy eyes. He sighed and ran towards the portal Stephen created.

You were met with a broken down city, everything was on fire and a lot of people were laying dead on the floor.

"The Sanctum has already fallen. The Dark Dimension. Dormammu is coming.", Mordo yelled.

"It's too late. Nothing can stop him.", Stephen said and you gave him an 'excuse you' glare.

"Not necessarily.", you said and pointed at Stephen's chest where the eye of Agamotto was sitting.

You saw that Kaecillius was running towards your direction, he had noticed what you were trying to do.

Before Kaecillius could reach you time rewinded itself and everything went backwards, well except you and Stephen.

"How are you not affected by the spell?", Stephen said shocked.

"I don't know and I don't care right now but the Spell is working. We got a second chance.", you said and looked around. Stephen included Mordo into the spell now so that he could run towards the now regenerating sanctum just like you and Stephen.

"Wong!", you screamed as you saw Wong impaled on the ground. Stephen immediately reacted and included Wong into the spell as well.

"I'm breaking the laws of nature, I know.", Stephen said to Wong and rolled his eyes.

"Well, don't stop now. When the Sanctum is restored, they will attack again. We have to defend it.", Wong said and got ready.