Unexpected visit

You woke up to a sunny day and noticed that it was already mid-day.

"Guess I needed some sleep", you thought and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After the refreshing shower you opened your closet to reveal numerous new dresses.

You pulled a green bluish one out of the nearly exploding closet and put it on, leaving your hair open and slightly waved.

You walked out of the room with all your books in the hand and walked into the library to bring them back.

You managed to sneak in and back out and walked to the throne room to meet your father and apologize for sleeping in.

When you walked past a window you saw someone using the bifrost and guessed that Thor must have left to visit Jane.

You walked into the big hall and looked up the throne to see your father.

"Got your beauty sleep my dear?", he asked and made you laugh.

"I did, my apologies father for not attending breakfast."

"It's quite alright y/n. Spending such a long time in the dungeons makes your sleep schedule change, so no worries my child.", he said and got up to walk you into the kitchen.

Once you arrived at the kitchen he ordered the chef to make some food for you.

You and your father talked about various things like your childhood and about the universe.

After the chef appeared with your food Odin left you alone to eat. You had (your favorite food) and a cup of tea and when you took your last sip out of the tea cup the doors swung open to reveal a worried Thor.

"Y/n! You need to come with me now! It's urgent!"

Without thinking you left the kitchen and followed Thor into the small hospital section of the palace. He guided you into a room where a small woman was laying on a desk.

She looked fragile and weak and Thor looked over to you, " Y/n you need to heal her! Please! ", he begged you.

"Thor I don't even know who she is and what's going on or what her problem is either!"

"This is my girlfriend Jane, Jane Foster."

"Why did you bring a midgardian to Asgard?!

If father sees her you both will be doomed!", you hissed at him and turned around to see that the door has already been opened and your father was walking in.

"Why is she here?", Odin asked and you could clearly hear the anger in his voice.

"She's ill, we need to help her!", Thor whined and looked over to you.

"They have doctors too Thor, they can handle this.", you sighed out and looked at your father.

"Y/n is right, guards bring her out of here!", Odin ordered but as soon as the guards approached Jane they flew across the room.

You quickly stepped to her side and held your hand above her arm. A red fluid like thing was in her body and as soon as your father saw it he was shocked, " How is this possible?", he asked himself.

"Father is it what I think it is? Is it the Ether?", you asked but were careful to talk about this topic because none of the legal books in Asgard were about Ether. Your father nodded and changed his mind, "She's staying here if the Ether is here Malekith will soon be here as well, y/n please bring her to Frigga. She will take care of her.", Odin ordered and took Thor out with him to talk.

"Can you walk?", you carefully asked and helped her sit up.

"Yes I think I can, I'm Jane by the way."

"Y/n, Thor 's sister. Maybe he already told you about me", you said and helped her get up.

"Yes he told me a lot about you and I also saw you in New York when Loki happened."

You walked out of the room through hallways into the chamber of your mother who was already waiting for you.

You went to an old closet of yours and brought old dresses you almost never wore because of its color.

Because Jane was at least 20 cm smaller than you most of your old dresses fit her perfectly as she tried them on. You watched her getting changed and helped to close most of the dresses.

For a midgardian she doesn't look that bad, but still... She's not immortal and she'll die and break Thor's heart. You had a bad feeling that something will happen really soon but shoved aside.

You guided Jane to her bedroom and excused yourself to go back into your mother's chamber.

As you entered her chamber she looked heartbroken, like someone she loved tore her apart.

"Mother, What happened? You look like a kicked dog, please tell me what's on your mind."

"It's Loki my dear, he said that I'm not his mother.", she turned around and walked to the balcony.

"Even if he said that, you know that he didn't mean it. Loki loves you more than everything in the world and he wouldn't trade you for anything.", you said and hugged her from behind and put your head on her shoulder.

"I know but it still hurts. He's so alone down there and I know that your and my illusions are not enough to keep his loneliness away and that's what is bugging me y/n.", Frigga said and looked at the Asgardian landscape.