You Cannot Stop It

Kaecillius threw Stephen across the room down into the relics room where you were just standing up after being thrown in here. Suddenly something flew past your face setting something gently down on your head.

You saw that the cloak you walked past a few minutes ago was now on Stephen's shoulders and lifted him up in the air.

You walked up the stairs and saw that Stephen had thrown some kind of chains at Kaecilius that now we're making him unable to move and talk properly.

Kaecillius was now mumbling something.

"What?", you huffed and removed his nuzzle.

"You'll die here.", Kaecillius said and looked at Stephen.

"Oh, stop it.", you said and punched Kaecillius in the face so hard that he was now bleeding.

"You cannot stop this, Mr. Doctor not even you Odinsdaughter can stop this."

" I don't even know what "this" is.",Stephen said.

" It's the end and the beginning. The many becoming the few, becoming the One."

" Look, if you're not going to start making sense, she will just have to put this thing back on.", Stephen said and pointed at you still having his nuzzle in your hand.

" Tell me, Mr. Doctor."

" Alright, look. My name is Dr. Stephen Strange."

" You are a doctor?"

" Yes he is. "you said. " A scientist. You understand the laws of nature. All things age. All things die. In the end, our sun burns out, our universe grows cold and perishes. But the Dark Dimension... it's a place beyond time.", Kaecillius said and you rolled your eyes.

"That's it. I'm putting this thing back on.", you said and where about to do it but he started talking again.

"This world doesn't have to die, Doctor. This world can take its rightful place among so many others, as part of the One. The great and beautiful One.

And we can all live forever."

"Really? What do you have to gain out of this New Age dimensional utopia?", Stephen said and waited for Kaecillius's response.

"The same as you. The same as everyone. Life. Eternal life. People think in terms of good and evil, but really, time is the true enemy of us all. Time kills everything.", Kaecillius continued.

"What about the people you killed?", you snarled at him.

"Tiny, momentary specks within an indifferent universe. Yes. You see, you see what we're doing? The world is not what it ought to be. Humanity longs for the eternal, for a world beyond time, because time is what enslaves us.

Time is an insult. Death is an insult.

Doctor... We don't seek to rule this world.

We seek to save it, to hand it over to Dormammu,

who is the intent of all evolution, the Why of all existence. "." The Sorcerer Supreme defends existence.", Stephen said.

" What was it that brought you to Kamar-Taj, Doctor? Was it enlightenment?

Power? You came to be healed, as did we all expect her", Kaecillius said and nodded at you.

"Kamar-Taj is a place that collects broken things.

We all come with the promise of being healed,

but instead, the Ancient One gives us parlor tricks. The real magic she keeps for herself and for those who she chooses." Kaecillius ranted while looking at you.

" Have you ever wondered how she managed to live this long?", he asked you.

" I... I saw the rituals in the book of Cagliostro.", you stuttered.

" So, you know. The ritual gives me the power to overthrow the Ancient One and tear her Sanctums down, to let the Dark Dimension in and that's why we wanted you on our side Y/n.

Because what the Ancient One hoards, Dormammu gives freely.

Life, everlasting. He is not the destroyer of worlds, Doctor, he is the savior of worlds.", Kaecillius continued.

" Look at your face. Dormammu made you a murderer. Just how good can his kingdom be?", Stephen raised his voice.

Kaecillius started to laugh.

" You think that's funny?", you got angry at him

" No. No. What's funny is that you've lost your sling ring Y/n and the doctor of yours has lost his one too. ", he continued to laugh.

You turned around and saw that Stephen got stabbed in the chest by one of Kaecillius men.

You were thrown across the room and waited for the impact at either the wall or ground but it never came.

You opened your eyes and saw that you were flying in the air, Stephens cloak saved you from hitting the ground and brought you to Stephen.

You landed next to him and helped him up.

Stephens cloak suddenly flew away and attacked someone behind you. As you turned around you saw that the cloak was attacking the man who threw you around.

You heard the sound of metal falling to the ground and saw that he lost his sling ring.

You took it and helped Stephen to escape.

Stephen took the sling ring and created a portal and both of you walked through.