Threat

After evacuating every servant and maid in the palace you saw Hela and Skurge in the throne room, followed by your illusion.

You walked closer to them and waited for the best moment to break your illusion and replace it with yourself.

And there it was, Hela looked up to the ceiling.

You swapped places with your illusion unnoticed by everyone.

"Does no one remember me? Has no one been taught our history? Look at these lies. Goblets and garden parties? Peace treaties?", Hela growled and stared up at the ceiling. On the ceiling you could see everything your father, you and Thor had done so far. In the middle of it there was a family picture of you, Thor, Loki, Odin and Frigga. You always joked about how your mother and Loki looked like they were plotting someone's murder. You looked at yourself, standing between Loki and Thor, in front of your parents right in the middle of the painting above you. You remembered the first time you saw it and were embarrassed that you were in the middle of everything. Your father told you that you were in the middle because you were the youngest of them and everyone would protect you.

"Odin... proud to have it... ashamed of how he got it.", Hela snarled and fired spikes into the ceiling, ripping down the plaster.

Beneath the surface are older Frescos. These ones are far more dark and sinister.

Soldiers in battle. Blood. A giant war wolf. Young Odin and young Hela. Slaves building the palace.

Skurge was at least somewhat disturbed by this but you almost knew about it.

"So that probably was written on those ripped out pages", you murmured to yourself.

"We were unstoppable. I was his weapon in the conquest that built Asgard's empire. One by one, the realms became ours. But then, simply because my ambition outgrew his...he banished me, caged me, locked me away like an animal. Before that, Asgard's warriors were honored, their bodies buried as heroes beneath this very place."

You were shocked," Wait that's actually true? I thought that was an old fairy-tale. ", you said and looked at her.

Hela beckons you and Skurge to follow her and so you did.Hela enters the vault and descends the stairs towards the magical items.

" Odin's treasures.", Skurge said and looked around

" Fake.", Hela knocks off the gauntlet off its pedestal.

"Most of the stuff in here is fake.", she mumbled again.

"Or weak.", she added.

Next she passed Surtur's skull.

"Smaller than I thought it would be."

The Tesseract. Hela hesitates:

"That's not bad?", she said and smiled at the blue glowing orb.

"Like sister like brother huh?", you laughed and walked up to the Tesseract. Hela eyed you with a questioning look.

"Loki liked that thing too, tried to conquer earth with it.", you decided to give a small small talk to lighten up the mood a bit but it was soon enough destroyed when Hela noticed the Eternal Flame.

Hela digs her hand in the eternal flame. She pulls her hand out now cupping GREEN FIRE, like a torch. Hela approaches a large circular rune etching on the floor.

Hela manifests a huge hammer. She smashes through the floor, creating a gaping chasm.

She looks up at Skurge and you.

"Want to see what true power looks like?", Hela looks down into the darkness below.

With her hand aflame, Hela jumps down into the chasm! The light of Hela's hand torch reveals a stonecrypt. An ornate burial place for the heroes of Old Asgard. You could see countless rotted skeletons in badass ancient Asgardian armor. Hela's regiment.

You stared down but didn't dare to follow Hela.

Skurge pulled you to the side.

"You need to get out of here Y/N. Hela is no one you can easily fight with or at least not alone.", he whispered.

"I know and I have a feeling Thor and Loki are coming back, until then we need to keep everyone safe.", you whispered back.

You heard cracking behind you and when you turned around you saw thousands of corpses arise through the hole in the ground. You heard a deep growl and saw big green eyes.

" Fenris", you gasped.

A big wolf followed Hela.

"You know him?", Hela asked.

You nodded, "I've read a lot of books about Asgard history and you were mentioned in a few of them"

"And yet you didn't know I was your sister?"

"How would I have known?! Father never told us and the books were in the forbidden section of the library"

Hela stared at you like a wolf at its prey.

"You're lying." she said and tried to attack you but instead you made an illusion of yourself and stepped to the side hiding with an invisible spell. Hela was irritated when her manifested sword went through your body.

She walked up to your illusion and studied it.

" What are you?" she hissed and stuck her hand through the body if your illusion.

"I'm me.", you said and stepped out of the invisibly spell and laid your hand on Helas shoulder.

You showed her the day you went into the forbidden section of the library and when your father caught you. After the memory had stopped Hela stumbled backwards and needed time to adjust to her surroundings again.

"I wasn't lying sister.", you stepped back and waited for her response.

"What are you?!", she asked again and her voice grew more threatening.

"I don't know what you mean?", you said confused and stepped further back.

Hela approached you and you could feel anger and fear inside her.

"Where did you learn that?", Hela held a blade at your neck.

"Mother, Loki, books and my mentor on Midgard."

"You are a witch?"

"I prefer the name sorceress."

Hela chuckled and turned around.

"It would have been better if I had killed you alongside with your brothers."

"Why?"

Hela turned around and she already had formed her headdress again.

"Because you are a threat to my plan, sister.", she said and manifested another sword.

You did the same thing and now you stood opposite of each other.

A few swings if the swords later you tricked Hela with a couple of your illusions and even with a Loki and Thor illusion.

You quickly ran around the corner and made a portal to escape from Hela.

Once you closed the portal and you were standing in the big hall in the mountains all of your illusions in the throne room vanished.

A/N

Don't know why this chapter is so weird for me, I just wanted Hela to be afraid of the character and hate her. 🤷🏼‍♀️