Surrender, Stephen

A few days later you found yourself on the training compound with all other students. You were trying to create a portal with your sling ring for the first time or at least you all should. You wore a new dress the Ancient one gave you. It was brown and almost looked like Wong's daily outfits yet it was green, so to say you wore a green master uniform.

"Mastery of the sling ring is essential to the mystic arts. They allow us to travel throughout the multiverse. All you need to do is focus. Visualize. See the destination in your mind. Look beyond the world in front of you. Imagine every detail. The clearer the picture, the quicker, and easier, the gateway will come.", Mordo said while walking through all of the students who were trying to open portals.

You were standing right next to Stephen who struggled to even create something with his hands.

Mordo stopped next to you.

" Visualize your home y/n, then it will be easier for you.", he whispered and walked past you.

You concentrated and there it was, an orange circle right in front of you. You could see that the portal you opened was right next to Heimdalls usual place where he would be waiting for someone to call him, yet he wasn't there.

You wanted to enter your portal but Mordo stopped you.

"Don't enter it while you are in a lesson y/n and perhaps you could demonstrate to your classmates here how you did it since some of them struggle a little bit.", Mordo said and glared at Stephen.

You stepped forward.

"Well I imagined my home, where I want to be right now or actually where my loved ones are. I visualized how the room I wanted to enter looked like in every detail.", you calmly explained and then made another portal, this time it wasn't a portal to Asgard, it was a portal in the library.

You stared through your portal and laughed when a dumbfounded Wong stared back.

The ancient one entered the room and ordered everyone to stop.

"I'd like a moment alone with Mr. Strange please.", she said while Mordo ordered every one out of the room.

"You can stay y/n, I might actually need you here.", she said and stopped you as you wanted to walk past her.

"My hands.", Stephen cried like a small child.

"It's not about your hands.", the Ancient one said and shook her head.

"How is this not about my hands?", Strange huffed.

"Master Hamir.", the ancient one ordered.

Master Hamir lifted his sleeve up to reveal that he only has one hand yet he still completed the spell without even a mistake.

"Thank you, Master Hamir.", the ancient one thanked him as he left the room.

"You cannot beat a river into submission.

You have to surrender to its current, and use its power as your own.", she calmly said and stepped closer to Stephen.

"I... I control it by surrendering control?

That doesn't make any sense." he retorted and looked at you.

"Not everything does and not everything has to.", you grinned cheeky at him.

"Your intellect has taken you far in life. But it will take you no further. Surrender, Stephen. Silence your ego and your power will rise."

"Come with me.", she said and opened a portal. Stephen walked through it first and before you could step into the Ancient one stopped you once again.

"I want you to create one of your illusions and stay with him here. The real you comes back with me or rather said stay here and send the illusion with us.", she whispered in your ear.

You nodded and next to you was standing another you which entered the portal.

After the ancient one came back and the portal closed she ordered you to control your illusion.

Location: Mount Everest

" Why the hell would she abandon us?!" Stephen screamed while he tried to create a portal with his sling ring.

"Perhaps so that you could finally surrender Stephen.", you mocked.

He got up and threw a snowball at you which flew right through you.

"Oh seems like I can't help you to come back....", you said and your illusion faded away but you heard that Stephen roared like an angry lion.

A few seconds later a portal opened right in front of you, the Ancient one and Mordo and Stephen fell out of it, shaking because of the cold air on everest.

You brought him in his room so he could take a shower and warm up again.

After that you headed for the library to apologize to Wong for scaring him or rather said creating a portal into the library which actually was forbidden.