🔥Bonus-Chapter (4)🔥

Murder Manor

°

°

°

°

°

November 23rd
07.27 PM

Megamo Saikou, the wealthiest and most known in their entire city, is holding a ball at his Manor to celebrate Christmas together. He had invited his most trusted and closest friends over. Not only are they going to celebrate Christmas, but also celebrating a year anniversary of their engagement, Taeko Yamada as his soon-to-be wife.

Y/N had no clue why they're postponed their wedding until a year (and maybe more than a year), but what she got from one of her friends, Midori Gurin. Based from all the information she gathered, she stated, "He's trying to avoid his family from intervening his wedding." but with zero evidence to strengthen the excuse.

Lucky for her, she was one of the guests Megamo invited to join in the celebration.

People envy those who easily got invitations from the one and only Saikou heir. Only those he deemed as "exclusive" are eligible enough to be involved in every certain event he held. But this one is a big one.

Not only Christmas by staying at his manor, but also to celebrate their anniversary.

Sometimes she wish she wasn't too lucky.

Would it still consider as luck if she wishes she didn't want to be? Who knows.

Her fingers traces the dark envelope with magnificent wax stamp that was covered in the color of gold and their infamous Saikou logo on it. She tear open the wax that hold the envelope save and took out a piece of parchment, unfolding it to read out the message.

Her eyes scanned the cursive handwriting, written by Megamo himself. Ink splatter at some of the edges due to the constant dripping from its quill.

Geez, who uses quills these days?

It was like any other envelope she gotten the past few months, though she always have an excuse to not attend the event he held. She just doesn't enjoy it, knowing that she knows no one rather than the heir himself. She would rather continue on with her cases and get them done as quickly as possible.

Speaking of cases, every little misisng cases and murder cases were finished in only a short amount of time, just so everyone would go back home and enjoy their holiday.

Yikes, if she knew he's going to held a party, she should have just slowed their works and use it for another excuse. Unfortunately, her diligence just brings her to her demise.

It's not like she had anything better to do than her work anyway. She had been an orphan ever since she was 14 and having to live alone now without anyone was just plain boring. She doesn't even have that many friends to begin with. So, all she did was work and piled herself with tons and tons of works.

And now that's gone for the while, all she could do was to take it and leave with it.

She ponders over her choices, thinking whether or not she should go. How many people would be attenting? Would she even get to know them and be acquaintance with them?

Thoughts filled in every space of her mind, leaving no air, not even a little to ease her tensed posture. She sighs heavily and accepted anyway, thinking that all these years she had already declined each and every one of his letters, his invitations and ignored him for long already.