53 Final Goodbye

+Liam's POV+

Everyone stares at the two of us. No one says a word or even makes a sound. The only sound is the crackling of the flames on the firewood. I feel Raleigh's hand squeeze mine a bit more, probably because this silence is freaking her out. It's freaking me out too.

"You...you're leaving?" Delilah manages to get out. Raleigh and I both nod our heads, confirming what she had heard.

"Y-yes." Raleigh hesitantly says.

"Right now?"

      "Yes."

      "Well then...I guess we all better say goodbye then." Delilah mutters with a sigh, wiping her tears away but she still manages to put on a smile. Ryder holds onto Delilah's hand in comfort. But she lets go of it to walk towards Raleigh and me.

"Mom, please don't cry." Raleigh tells her mother.

      "It's happy tears honey, happy tears." Delilah says but Raleigh doesn't believe her. I watch their interaction but stop when Ryder comes over to me.

     "Your idea?" He asks me and I shrug.

     "In a way. We were talking about houses and I asked her where she wanted to live. So I guess I started it. It probably didn't help that I told her everyone else's plans; she hadn't realized that everyone else already had plans to leave and start over. I kinda pushed her but I knew that it was the best option."

      "You were right. Leaving and starting over after all of this is the best option. You two have been through so much and most of it is my fault so I'm sorry for that. All of this happened because I fell in love with Delilah. If I had just stayed away then Ria wouldn't of hated her and wouldn't be obsessed with finding us, you wouldn't of been dragged into this mess." Ryder explains with a sigh and I shake my head.

      "You love Delilah and you shouldn't have to be denied that. There are many factors that got thrown into the equation and we'll never know for sure what caused all of this but it's okay. Plus you needed Delilah, you love her. And you shouldn't have to apologize for that or for what happened after that. I'd never apologize for loving Raleigh and you shouldn't have to apologize for loving Delilah."

      "Take care of her for me, will you? She's like her mother; strong-willed, independent and always thinks she's right. She'll need you and I need to make sure you're there for her. Can you do that for me?" Ryder asks me as he looks over to Delilah still hugging Raleigh.

"Of course I can. I promised that the second I asked for your blessing. Now I give you this promise, I'll do whatever it takes to make her safe and happy. That will always be my first priority. She will always be my first priority."

"I know, Liam. I know. You make her happy and like I've said before, I always knew it would be you two. However, no matter how mad you get with each other, promise me that you won't run. Please. Promise me that you'll both stay and work things out."

"Of course. I'm not giving her up, I made that mistake before but I will not make it again. I've hurt her enough by leaving and I don't want to do that again. I can't do that again."

      "Good. Oh, one more thing. Don't get married without us there." Ryder tells me as he looks at his daughter smiling over at the two of us.

     "I wouldn't even think about it. Family is important to Raleigh and...to me too. Your family is the closet thing I have ever had and I'll forever be grateful for what you've done for me. So of course all of you will need to be at the wedding." I explain and Ryder grins, leaning in. Shock is the only thing I can think of as he hugs me.