44 I'm Not Delusional

~Raleigh's POV~

One Week Later

Time. What a strange concept. Sometimes it passes by so quickly and others it's so slow. Since being released from the hospital, I've gotten quite familiar with time. Always waiting for Liam to be the one to walk through the door that he's walked through a million times before.

      "Raleigh! Dinner's almost ready!" Randy announces as he barges into my room. He wears bright orange shorts and no shirt. Like any other day, I suppose. Being back home in Denver has been hard but I have more of my family then I used to. Liam is alive and going to come back to me; that alone is enough to make me keep pushing on. When you have something to fight for, suddenly you find it easier to keep pushing and harder to give up.

      "Thanks." I mumble, climbing out of bed with black shorts and a black cami on. My scarlet red hair is up in a messy bun and I know my ocean eyes have dark circles under them from my poor sleeping habits.

"You look like a fucking mess." I hear Randy mutter under his breath but I ignore him. I may not look great at this moment but I will be soon. Hopefully. The thing is, I'm trying and that's what's important. Because if you keep trying, you won't give in too soon; you'll keep holding on for as long as you possibly can.

        "Get out." I order and Randy shakes his head and walks out, leaving me to try and look better before I go eat. Everyone is worried about me, I know that. Aiden had left less than a hour after Liam did because he got a phone call and none of us have heard from either of them since that day. I shake my head with a sigh and look in my mirror. Wow! Randy was right. I am a fucking mess. Get your shit together!

As if it were that easy. As if telling myself to get myself together could be accomplished with just a few simple words. As if all of my problems would be solved. As if I could improve my mental health or even my well-being. It's not that easy. Nothing is. This is real life, not the fantasy that I lived in when I was a child.

You don't kiss your Prince Charming and live happily ever after. You don't go to balls and fall in love with Prince Charming with one look across the room. There's not one dance and then the stroke of midnight you leave and he never gives up looking for you. That's not how it works.

      "Raleigh!" Randy's yelling snaps me out of my thoughts.

      "I'm coming!" I yell back, getting up and walking downstairs. It's been a little hard adjusting back but it's only been a week and not everything is here from the gang house yet. My parents had some of the members help us move stuff but it's just been hell for everyone since Ria came and destroyed everything that fateful day. None of us have recovered and we just need some healing.

      "Wash your hands." My mom orders, not looking up from stirring her Mac and cheese. I nod my head and squeeze in between her and my aunt Janet as they try to finish up dinner.

      "Where is everyone?" I ask as I dry my hands on the American flag kitchen towel we never put away after the holiday.

       "Your brother was in here a few seconds ago but I think he saw Zoey and took off. Zaya is reading on the porch swing. I think your father and uncles are trying to put together the new grill. As for Ethan and Tillie? No clue. Neither one of us has seen them in the last hour." Aunt Janet answers, not looking up from cutting up the carrots.

       "Ah. So why was I called down when no one is here but also the food isn't done?" I ask looking at the two women in front of me. Aunt Janet wears jean capris with a light blue T-shirt over her outfit is a floral apron. My mom wears light blue leggings with white and black swirled in with them (they are workout leggings but she thinks they are super comfy and wears them all over the house). Her top is one of my dad's white T-shirt, tied to form a crop top. Over it is a apron with the world printed on it and different famous locations.