40 It's Clean

~Raleigh's POV~

One Year Later

      I walk into my small hotel room in Denver. What am I doing here? Looking for my family like I have been for the past year. Leaving Isaac hurt but I knew I had to stop running from my problems and do something. So I decided to find my family and that'd help me get closure from these nightmares that have been ruling my life. I knew in order to accomplish this, I had to go to where it all started. However, I have yet to go there. I started with baby steps. I'm getting close though.

I sit down at the desk and look at the maps, lists, articles and photographs spread out. So what do I know? Well I'm alive. My parents are at the gang house along with Zoey, Zaya, Ethan, Tillie and my uncles. Liam is dead. Ria is dead. I found a trail to my aunts but it turned cold soon. I could feel that I was getting close but then it disappeared completely. I also found my parents old friends, Rosa and Blake. But when I went to their house, they were long gone. I had asked about them and the sherif said that they left once their daughter was murdered; she was only fifteen. I searched for them but couldn't find them. I'm still looking though, I'm not going to give up.

The next place on my list was Eliza, Garrett and Emily's house in Miami. I had found Emily's cat, Sprinkles, dead. Torn apart. The imagine still haunts me. They left too and I haven't found them. Ellie is still missing. My aunts, my brother, Cody, Cole, Janet, Kevin, Rachel are missing still too. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever find them.

      "I didn't expect you to be back so soon." Simon says as I walk in. Simon is the detective I hired to help me look for everyone.

      "Yeah, they remembered me and told me there's someone living at the house. They don't know who though. Even though it's been five years, no one knows who it is. So we are going to check it out." I explain.

    "What? Why am I going?!"

    "Because you aren't going to leave me there all alone are you?"

      "No. When do you want to leave?"

     "Now." I tell him and he gets up. He goes to the bathroom, but gives me a quick kiss on the cheek. I shake my head and look at my reflection in the window. I'm a mess. I run a brush through my hair that I cut up to my shoulders and I had dyed a dark scarlet red. Once Simon walks out of the bathroom, I take a look at him. Fit, black hair and emerald green eyes. He had thrown on a black and white stripped T-shirt and ripped light blue jeans. He pairs it with black sneakers.

I go into the bathroom and change into ripped jean shorts, a light pink blouse and my white Converse. I don't know how Simon could walk into the hot July whether in jeans. I brush my teeth and wash my face, looking in the mirror. My ocean blue eyes don't hold anything but emptiness. I shake my head and sigh. I have to do this. I go out of the bathroom and start packing my backpack and hiding my weapons.

I hide my E.S in my bra (as always) and I put a gun in my waist behind my back. Then I put a knife in my side pocket. It's hard hiding weapons in the summer because there's less on you to hide them. I put my hair up off of my sweaty neck. Next, I start packing my backpack. I throw my First-Aid Kit in, water bottles, a few snacks and some cash.

"Do you want any other weapons in there?" Simon asks, putting a gun on his lower back as well. Without thinking or looking up, I answer.

"No."

"What? Why?"

"Because I don't need them."

      "But what if you do?"