10 I Know More Than You Think

+Liam's POV+

      Raleigh stares at me, as if she's scared of me. But at the same time she looks like she's happy she's with me? I might need to get my eyes checked. I'm probably seeing things.

"What happened?" She asks, fidgeting with her hands. I shake my head and instantly I'm back when she almost died.

      Flashback

"No! Raleigh! Stay awake! Princess! Stay awake! Don't sleep yet!" I tell her, freaking the fuck out. She's drifting further and further into her tub and out of reality.

      "Princess! Wake up! Raleigh!" I yell at her as I shake her, trying to get her to wake up. I feel her drift off of consciousness. Fuck! She starts slipping into the tub me and I pick her up, taking her out before she drowns. I ignore her wet body against my dry one. I ignore how she's only in her bra and underwear. I set her on the floor and try to get her to wake up. I grab a towel and wrap it around her.

      "Raleigh! Come on! Wake up! Please be alright! Come on! Princess, please!" I yell at her as I keep trying to wake her up.Tears start to form in my eyes. IT IS NOT WORKING! NOTHING IS WORKING! Why won't she wake up?! What if she never wakes up? What if she-NO! She's alive! She's going to LIVE! I have to think positive thoughts. I'm not going to give up on her.

      "Liam?! What happened?!" Maya yells as she walks in and I don't answer her, just ball my eyes out and try to wake her up. I hear Maya talking on the phone but I don't know who she's talking to.

      "Liam, come with me." She orders me. Her voice is gentle but stern.

      "R-Raleigh?" I ask.

      "I'll watch her." Raleigh's father says as he walks in. I don't say anything as Maya drags me away from Raleigh.

      "It's going to be alright. She's going to be alright." Maya tells me as we sit in her and her husband's room. I didn't say anything, just say there crying and praying. If anything happens her, it'll be all my fault.

"You almost died." I tell Raleigh, coming back to the present. She was out for eleven hours. I don't even know most of it. It blurred together.

"How?" She asks and I shake my head.

"I decided to give you a bath since you've been drinking and you puked. But then you...you started to go into unconsciousness. You almost drowned. I thought...I thought you were going to die." I admit, taking a deep breath.

      "By the sound of it, you saved me." Raleigh says, her eyes locking with mine. For a moment, the world stops. All I can focus on is her. How her ocean blue eyes trap me and pull me in. Like the ocean.

"I was the one who put you there." I remind her, shaking my head.

      "I don't blame you and neither should you." Raleigh tells me, shaking her head. How can someone be so forgiving? I don't understand how. Maybe because I grew up without forgiveness.

      "Thank you." She says after a few seconds of silence. I want to ask her "for what?" But sometimes it's best not to ask questions.

      "You're welcome."

      "My mom said something about you and I want to know if she was...right." Maya said something about me? I hope it's good. I've always cared what Maya thought about me. After all, she's my mom. Though, she didn't give birth to me, she took care of me in ways that an actual mother would.