36 Bonnie & Clyde

~Raleigh's POV~

      Isaac and I just sit and laugh for hours and hours, enjoying each other's company. I don't understand how someone can make me laugh and smile so much. But I'm glad he followed me. I guess we were both too scared for what? I don't know. I know what I was scared of but I don't know what he was scared of.

      "What were you scared of, Isaac?" I decide to ask him and he freezes.

      "What do you mean?" He asks me, confused.

      "What was the reason why you didn't come for me right away? Why were you scared?"

      "I was scared that I'd catch feelings for you because I have a history of catching feelings for people I can't have; people that...that hurt me. I was scared once I fell for you, you'd leave like everyone else. I was scared I wouldn't of been enough to make you stay. I know we are only friends but...that fear was real enough for me to not fight for our friendship and I'm sorry for that." Isaac explains and I'm absolutely shocked to say the least.

"Wow." I mange to get out after a few minutes.

"Yeah, pathetic, right?"

"NO! No! Absolutely not! That's actually extremely close to what I was scared about!"

"Really?!"

"Yeah! I feel a really strong connection towards you but I don't know what it is or what it means. It scares me how much I laugh and smile when I'm around you. I'm scared that if I fall, you'll leave or something tragic will happen because nothing lasts forever. Not a single thing." I explain.

"It's kinda funny that you say 'tragic'."

"And why is that funny?"

"Because I thought that if we fell in love it would be a tragedy. I originally got the idea from Casandra."

"How did you get the idea of us falling in being a tragedy from Casandra?"

"Because she said that you were my Juliet, which would mean that I would be Romeo. And since Romeo and Juliet was a tragedy, it kinda makes sense." Isaac explains and I let out a snort, which was definitely not attractive but whatever.

"If anything we are Bonnie and Clyde." I correct him and he laughs.

"How are we like Bonnie and Clyde?"

      "Because Bonnie and Clyde were cooler. Plus the fact that you knew that it was my arrow that hit Casandra proves you know your gang symbols, making you a criminal most likely. Which is okay because Bonnie and Clyde were criminals too! And they-" I explain but Isaac's hand covers my mouth.

     "I know who Bonnie and Clyde are. You don't have to explain their whole lives to me." Isaac says, sounding amused. Well this is embarrassing!

"Well I didn't know that!"

"It's okay." He assures me, chuckling at my embarrassment.

"So...where do you want to go?" I ask him.

"Hmm, let's just get away for a little bit. Come on." Isaac suggests as he takes my hand, pulling me along. But I manage to grab my stuff before he drags me away.

"Where are we going?"

"I just want to show you something."

"What?"

"You'll see soon."

"How soon?"

"Just be patient. Patience is a virtue, you know." Isaac reminds me, laughing a bit at my impatience. As we walk I look down at our hands together, not that it bothers me. It feels nice, right.