31 What If I Want To Fall?

<Isaac's POV>

I lay Raleigh's unconscious body down on the front stone steps of the gang house. Why? Because no one can know that I was here. I start to walk away only for the front door to open. Now I have two options, run or fight. I choose the running one so I sprint off as the the guy yells at me and then I hear a gunshot. Fuck! The bullet hits my left calf and I drop to the ground. Damn it! I take my gun and start firing, cursing my luck. No one was supposed to see me. No one was supposed to die. So I make the choice; I hit him in his dominate hand. Automatically his hand drops the gun and he curses. Now's my chance. I start crawling on the ground, gritting my teeth at the pain.

"Need some help?" I hear a familiar voice ask and I grin as I look up.

"Yeah, a little." I admit and Aiden helps me up and onto the four-wheeler. Once we are both set, he hits the gas.

"I'm guessing she didn't take the news well?" Aiden asks with a small chuckle and I groan, looking at my left calf. Damn bullet hurts like hell.

"Well I didn't tell her."

"Is that why you look like a robber?"

"Fuck off and yes it is."

"You're a dumbass." Aiden says with a scoff and I shake my head. I know that already.

      "I know but she can't know."

     "So what did you do with her?" He asks and I let out a sigh, not too proud of my actions.

      "I drugged her and left her unconscious on the steps." I admit and we suddenly come to a stop.

      "What the Hell dude?!" I yell.

      "YOU LEFT HER DRUGGED ON THE STEPS?!"

      "Listen, I didn't have much of a choice. I got shot as I was escaping that way! Can you imagine if I actually left her inside?! Plus where was I going to put her?!"

      "What if something happened to her?!"

      "That's the safest place in that whole little village! Which is why I left her there!"

"You're a fucking idiot!"

"I know, I know! Just go so they don't catch up with us!" I order as I hear gunshots and yelling getting closer. Aiden sighs and soon we zoom off, leaving everyone behind us, without looking back. Once we get back to the base, Aiden helps me down and then shoves me a bit.

      "Dude! Injury!" I remind him, wincing in pain as I try to steady myself again.

      "You are a fucking idiot! You left her there without saying anything!"

      "It's better this way!"

      "For her or for you?! You can't keep going on these sneaky trips! I forbid it!"

      "Oh yeah?! And what's going to happen the next time she runs off and gets hurt?! Or if Ria gets her?! I can't let that happen!" I argue with him.

      "Ria is DEAD! MOVE ON!"

      "They never found a body! What about all of those people missing?! Do you think their families will be okay with us giving up?! Do you want to be the one to look a little girl in the eyes and tell her that her daddy isn't coming back because we gave up?! Because I sure as hell don't!"

"Oh for god's sake! Who's still missing, huh?! We found her records! We found everyone!"

"What if there are people that she didn't mark down in that folder?!"