34 It's Not Stalking, It's Investigating

~Raleigh's POV~

    I woke up to the sun starting to rise and groan. Why does my body think it's okay to wake up this early?! I look around and see that I'm laying on Isaac and that we are on the grass with trees right above us. I notice that we are both still in our underclothes. I look at Isaac and see his ski mask still on his head and he has his arm wrapped around my waist, as if I'm going to disappear. Maybe I should. Maybe I should just walk away. After all, whatever he's involved with, I don't need.

      You need someone to show you where you are going though. Yes, I realize that. But do I actually need it? Yes! You are an idiot! You don't know anything about the world! You don't even know where you are! Excellent points but it's better to walk away now instead of later. What are you so afraid of? Catching feelings, falling in love with yet another person who will leave me. Grow up! It's part of life! People are going to walk in and out of your life! You have to get over it and chase the things you want! Um...no I don't.

      I gently take Isaac's arm off of me and quietly move to my stuff. I put my clothes on and I feel like I'm leaving my hookup. But I'm not, I'm leaving a friend. I grab my bag, my bow and my arrows. I fix my hair, put on my boots and jacket and take a sip of water. I feel so dehydrated, it's not even funny. I put my water back in my bag and sigh. Time to get a move on. I don't want to burn too much daylight, even though the sun is still rising. I start walking into the woods but once I get to a point where I can barely see Isaac, I take one last look at him before walking away for good.

                   ~~~~~~~~~~

     "Holy shit, I'm hungry." I mutter to myself as I look at the sky to try and figure out the time. I'm going with about eleven. DAMN! I have been walking for a long time! But that's okay because now I can sit and rest on this nice big rock. I don't even know where I am. All I know is that I'm not familiar with this place, which is a good sign, right? I lay against the rock and sip my water, not knowing when the next time I'll find a water source.

A branch snaps and there's rustling of a bush. I get my bow aimed and ready. That could either be food or one of Ria's mindless minions. A dark gray rabbit jumps in front of me and I shoot it in the heart, trying to keep all of the good stuff that I can eat. I start a fire while it's heating up, I start skinning the rabbit and preparing it. When I'm done, I place the dead rabbit on a sharpened stick and start rotating it over the fire. It takes a little bit, but it gets cooked, which is the important thing.

"Oh this is good!" I exclaim to myself as I bite into the rabbit. I finish it off and leave the remains in the woods for other animals to finish off as well. If they can help me, I can help them.

      I continue to walk to god knows where but I'll get to where I need to be. Fate will step in and put where I belong. But I can't just sit on a rock and wait; I have to put effort in for that.

      The birds chirp loud and clear in the small breeze. The sun beating down on me, making me hot. Yesterday was cool for an early June day and now the whether is starting to climb. I keep taking small sips of my water to remain hydrated but also to make sure I make it last. I can't drink it all up without knowing when I'll find water again.

        After a few minutes, I continue my journey. Maybe I'll find myself in these trees; find who I'm supposed to be. Or maybe I'll die. Well that's dark. Could happen though. Not if I don't make any mistakes.

     "You do realize leaving without saying goodbye is rude, right?" I hear a voice say and I whip around, bow loaded. I aim at the girl about my age, maybe a little older stands about seven feet away from me. She wears camo cargo pants with a black leather jacket on and black combat boots. Her black hair is in a tight bun and she just stares at me with intense gray eyes.