11 We Just Want To Talk

~Raleigh's POV~

The doctors decide that I could go home and so now we are on our way home. All of us are going to meet back at the house. My dad is driving his black Mercedes and I'm sitting in the back with Zoey and Zaya. My mom is sitting in the front while holding my dad's hand. I wish Ethan would do that with me. "Ethan"? Are you sure you want Ethan? Stupid voice in my head!

"So...I heard Ellie talking to Liam about his 'gang' trying to fix problems with Eva and Daisy's." Zoey says, looking at her nails, as if what she said wasn't important. My dad slams on the brakes and looks at her.

       "What did you just say?!" He demands.

       "I said-" Zoey starts but I quickly cover her mouth. My parents don't need to hear these things. I don't need to hear these things. How could I stand next to Liam, knowing he's in a gang? I don't think I could. Gangs kill. But then again, there are killers all around and that doesn't stop me from going outside.

      "I heard you." My dad says and then he looks at my mom.

      "Girls, we are dropping you off at the house and I want you to lock the doors as soon as you get in the house, got it?" My dad orders and we nod our heads.

      "Where are you going?" I ask and my mom shakes her head.

      "It doesn't matter. Just listen to your father and remember your training." She informs us and then the rest of the ride is silent. I wonder where they are going. What does this have to do with Liam? Whoever Eva and Daisy are, they keep coming up. I don't think it is a good thing. Maybe it's a sign.

"Listen up! Adults are leaving again. Kids behave and lock the doors. You know how to defend yourselves if needed. But seriously, stay inside and lock the doors." My mother orders as everyone gets out. I catch her glancing at Ellie and Liam. Then I see Ellie glare at Liam.

"Yes, ma'am." A few of us mumble. Zoey and Zaya take each of my arms and drags me into my room, slamming and locking it.

      "What the hell?!" I yell at them.

      "Look, Liam is in a gang! That's bad! Very bad! And there are things that him and Ellie know! Who's Eva and Daisy though?!" Zoey yells, panicking. Usually it's Zaya panicking.

      "Chill out. Let's consider all of our options." Zaya suggests, thinking.

      "Raleigh? I need to talk to you." I hear Liam say, knocking on the door.

       "Just kick it down." I hear Ellie suggest. I look at Zoey and Zaya and we all have the same scared expression on our face. Gangs aren't our thing.

      "Bathroom!" I whisper as I sprint to the bathroom and wait for them to get in so I can lock the door.

       "Move all the stuff in front of the door." Zaya orders and the Zoey and I nod our heads in agreement and help her move stuff.

      "Now what?" Zoey asks and I think. Weapons. Defend ourselves.

      "Find something you can use as a weapon just in case they brake in." I order, looking for my stash.

      "'Weapons'?! Do you plan on killing them?!" Zoey and Zaya exclaim.

      "Listen, as far as we know, they are in a gang. They could kill us because of what we know. We have to be prepared." I explain, looking for my knife. I find the dagger my mother gave me, she said it was my grandfather's. It has a golden handle with a black snake wrapped around it.