08 I Have A Life

+Liam's POV+

"What happened?" Randy asks me as he walks into Raleigh's room. I shake my head, trying to get the image out of my head. She looked so broken. The way she screamed and cried. I can still hear it. Echoing.

      "I don't understand why she's like this. What happened? She keeps saying 'saving and breaking'." I admit, shaking my head. I glance at Randy and and see him tensed and frozen in place. His eyes locked on Raleigh.

      "She didn't tell you?" He asks and I shake my head.

       "And you honestly have no clue?" He asks me and again, I shake my head. Randy sighs and walks out.

      "I'm going to check on Zoey and Zaya." Randy tells me as he walks out, shutting her door behind him.

       "Princess, what happened to you?" I whisper to her. I give her a small flutter kiss on the cheek. (Or whatever those things are called). I don't care what the proper term is.

      "Leave." I hear someone snarl at me. I sigh, recognizing the voice. Ellie.

      "Randy ordered me to stay with her." I tell her and she narrows her eyes at me. After a few minutes of her eyes on me, she relaxes.

      "No need to cry over her. She'll be fine." Ellie tells me, with a grin. How did she know I was crying?!

      "Your eyes are looking a little watery. Not to mention you really should be careful about the things you say out loud."

      "What do you want?" I ask her.

      "I was going to talk to her but I realized that I should talk to you instead."

      "Me? Why?"

      "Because you care about her. You like her. Hell, you might even love her. But she's...she won't trust you easily. I know you don't know what happened but you have to give her time. She's still broken. Imagine the person that saves you, is the one who breaks you. That's what happened to her." Ellie informs me, looking at Raleigh sleeping in my arms and she shakes her head.

      "What happened?" I ask, looking at my princess.

      "I can't tell you. That's a story that she has to tell you. Only her. No one else can tell you. Very few actually know the truth. She's the only one who knows the full story. Zaya has some detail but Raleigh knows it all. I think Zoey knows some too. Than obviously Randy knows. But they don't know everything. Just know she's broken."

      "Everyone is broken in their own way."

      "Yes, but she's...broken. Her heart is in pieces. She needs someone to heal her, not break her."

      "Shouldn't you be talking to her boyfriend than?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow.

      "Her boyfriend isn't the one holding her and protecting her." Ellie points out and I sigh. The moment I decided to hold her in my arms to protect her like this, I was accepting the fact that it was a promise to continue doing it. I can't leave her when she needs me. Why am I like this?

      "Tell Ethan that she's mine now." I tell Ellie, looking at Raleigh. I hear Ellie chuckling and I don't understand why she's laughing. I'm being serious.

"I can't do that. Ethan and Raleigh are responsible for their relationship. Until she chooses you over him, I can not lie to him."

"Why would she still pick him?! He isn't here, watching over her?! He wasn't the one who helped her with her mental breakdown from earlier! He didn't say anything at dinner! He didn't do anything for her!"