35 Romeo & Juliet

<Isaac's POV>

I look at my reflection in the foggy mirror from my shower, a gray towel wrapped around my waist. I look like a fucking mess; I won't lie about that. I can't believe Raleigh left me in the woods! I mean, I know my way around, to an extent but she...she doesn't! I should've went after her when I woke up but I couldn't. Part of me screamed at me for that choice, thinking that she could be in danger but another part knew it was for the best if we went our separate ways now rather than later. Then there was that whole thing with Casandra.

Flashback

      "ISAAC!" I turn around and see Casandra running at me but she's holding her side and there's blood all over her hands and down her pants. What the hell happened to her?!

      "Casandra? What happened?" I ask her as I rush to her and she falls against me, exhausted. She starts to close her eyes but I start shaking her; trying to get her to wake up.

      "Come on! Casandra! Wake up!" I yell at her, panicking. After a few seconds I know that I have to get her back. I pick her up and start running. I have to keep her alive. Plus if she dies, how will I know what happened to her?

                    <><><><><><>

      "Is she going to make it?" I ask the doctor, Shelley. She has short blonde hair and pale blue eyes. She's really petite but her small size makes up for her big brain. She's a genius and a great doctor.

      "She's lucky she found you, she has lost a lot of blood and it's a miracle she's still alive. The arrow didn't hit anything too major but definitely hit enough."

      "Can I see the arrow?" I ask Shelley and she nods her head, handing me a clean arrow. I examine it and notice a little a symbol that I haven't seen in years. It's the symbol of "Los Demonios Niños" . I stare at it and stare at it.

"Whatcha staring at?" Alexa asks as she walks over to me and I tighten my grip on the arrow. Raleigh shot Casandra. I know she did. No one else from that gang wonders so far away from their little section. Usually they stay away from us and we stay away from us. That's how this has worked. ALWAYS. No one has changed that. Except for Raleigh. She's the only one who'd been in the woods that far and carrying around arrows. Plus I saw the same symbol on her quiver. That can't be a coincidence.

       "Isaac?" Alexa asks but I'm too focused on the fact that Raleigh shot Casandra. Why would she shoot her?

                    <><><><><>

      "When is Casandra going to wake up?" I ask Shelley a few hours later and she sighs.

      "There's no telling."

      "Okay. Thank you." I tell her going back to my room but I sit and wait. I stare at my wall for what seems like hours. Aiden walks in and sighs.

      "She shoot Casandra, you know that right?" He asks me and I nod my head, not saying a word.

      "Why?"

      "That's what I'm trying to figure out. My guess is that Casandra snuck up behind her and her instincts kicked in. I don't know! But once Casandra wakes up, I'm going to figure it out." I promise him and then Alexa walks in and says the words I've been waiting to hear, "She's awake"

      I rush out of the room and Aiden follows me. When I walk into the room, Casandra stares at me and then grins with a mischievous grin.