Prologue

I see mommy drinking the nasty drink from a bottle again. The one that makes her mean and in pain. She looks at the TV and screams, throwing the bottle at the TV. Then she starts flipping all the furniture and things start breaking.

      "FUCKING BITCH!" She screams. I don't know what those words mean but daddy told me to never say them. Daddy isn't mean to me, not like mommy is. Daddy can be mean but that's because I did something wrong. Mommy is mean because she can't control her meanness sometimes. At least that's what daddy tells me.

"That stupid hoe! She just has to ruin everything! I was so close to finding her fucking friend! But now?! Nope! I hope she fucking rots in hell!" Mommy yells, throwing things. I don't know what she's talking about. Daddy once told me that a woman ruined mommy's life around the time I was born and that's why she's like this.

"I'm home!" I hear daddy say as he walks in. I grin and run over to him, hugging him.

"Hey there, little man." He says as he gives me a fist bump.

"Honey, what's all this?" Daddy asks mommy as he looks around the room. Bottles on the floor, glass broken, stuff thrown, papers scattered.

"I lost her! Again!" Mommy yells then starts crying. Daddy and I go over to comfort her but she doesn't let us.

"And it's all your fault! If I hadn't been taking care of this little brat! I would've already of found them! But no! And you don't think that I don't know?! You know where they are! You are her sister's spy! Find her! And kill her!"

"I can't do that. I'm loyal to them." Daddy says, moving me behind him and looking at mommy. She's sad but also mad.

"You are supposed to be loyal to me! Your WIFE! Not this six year-old brat! Not your attractive boss! Not anyone but me!" She yells and daddy flinches.

"If you could just listen for a minute..."

"NO! I DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING!"

"Honey..."

"NO! NO! NO!" She yells and gets up, throwing and kicking more stuff around our living room. Then she goes to the kitchen and daddy follows her, hopefully to calm her down or to take her pills. Daddy says the doctor gave them to her to calm her down when she gets too mean.

"Listen! It's not what it looks like! I promise you!"

"I DON'T TO LISTEN TO A WORD YOU SAY!" She yells and then I hear my daddy scream. He wasn't angry. He sounded like he was in pain. I rush over to see mommy covering her mouth with tears streaming down her face, looking at daddy laying on the kitchen floor with blood coming from his head. Mommy drops the knife she was holding and looks at me.

      "THIS IS ALL YOUR FUCKING FUALT!" She yells at me as she grabs my arm and pushes me against the wall.

      "If you hadn't been born, none of this would've happened!"

      "But mommy! Daddy said that you and him loved me!"

        "LOVE YOU?! HOW COULD I EVER LOVE SOMONE WHO KILLED MY HUSBAND?!" Mommy screams at me, her eyes start raining, daddy used to say that when someone had raindrops in their eyes they were sad.

       "Mommy! I didn't kill him!" I try to tell her, hoping it'll make her feel better.

      "YES YOU DID!" She yells and I feel a sting on my face. She slapped me. When I look at her, all I see is anger and hate.

        "See this?" She asks holding up her hand that has her rings on it.

      "Your daddy gave them to me. He told me that he loved me. Then you kill him!" She slaps me again.

      "You're going to wish you were never born! I'm going to make you pay! For wasting my time! Killing my husband! All of it! And then you are going to help me find them and kill them!"

       "Killing is bad mommy!"

      "No it's not. If they deserve to be dead, it's good. So very good." She says holding me against the wall, her hands make my arms hurt.

       "What did they do?"

       "RUINED MY LIFE!" Mommy yells, slamming me against the wall. My head starts to hurt.

       "Mommy, you're hurting me!" I tell her, hoping she'll stop.

       "I'm hurting you?! You hurt me! You killed him! You killed my husband!" She grabs me by the arm and tosses me onto the couch.

      "Am I still hurting you?! Huh?!" She punches my nose. There's a weird noise and I start crying.

       "You are a worthless excuse of a child!"

         "No I'm not!"

      "You're going to grow up to be a burden to everyone! No one will love you! You want to know why? Because you just ruin everything!"

        "No mommy! No I'm good enough!"

       "NO YOU AREN'T!" She yells, getting up and walking over to where her drinks are and she drinks the rest of one in one sip. Then she throws the bottle at me. I cover my head and try to get down. The bottle hits the wall by my head.

      "Clean this mess up! I'm going to bed!" She walks to her room but she's not walking normally.

      "Why, daddy? Why did you leave me with her?" I ask out loud, crying some more. My whole body hurts. But I know it'll hurt more if I don't clean the mess mommy made. She's not even my mommy anymore. Mommy's are supposed to love and care for you. She never loved me or looked after me. Daddy did. I've never seen her smile except when daddy makes her happy. But that wasn't often. And now he's gone. She blames me for his death. I didn't do it! I didn't kill daddy! He didn't deserve it!

      "Ouch." I say as I pull some glass out of my arm. She hurt me a lot. It's only going to get worse though. I just had no idea how much it was going to get. But if I could find them then she'll be happy. I have to find them. I have to make her happy so she doesn't hurt me. Whatever it takes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+1,051 words+

Hello everyone! I know it's short but I don't believe prefaces to be long. So sorry about that. But I am in the process of working on the actual chapters! I love you all! Thank you for reading this! I promise I'll update as soon as possible!

Who is she looking for?

Who is the child?

What will happen next?

Will they find them?

How does this fit in with Delilah and Ryder's life?

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!❤️