17 We Are In This Together

~Raleigh's POV~

      I wake up and see no one in my room. How odd. Where did everyone go? I look at the light green walls, the cream curtains that hang from the window by the couch. There's a chair on my right and my left. There's a little table next to me and I see my phone and a few magazines. My phone as a few cracks in it form the crash. I go through it and find Zaya's number. I decide to call her, knowing she'll be more calm over everyone else.

      "Hello?" She asks on after the first two rings. I sigh in relief when I hear her voice. I don't remember much from waking up yesterday. But they said that was usual.

       "Hey, I was wondering where everyone went. I was scared that you all left me alone." I admit and she laughs.

      "Liam is there with your parents and brother. But I think they are getting food now. Zoey and I are walking around with Randy, Cody, Ellie, Tillie and Emily. We'll be there in a few minutes." Zaya tells me and I feel a weight I didn't know was there go away. I hate being abandoned.

      "Okay."

      "Do you want to stay on the phone with me?"

      "Yes, please." The hospital scares me when I'm all alone. Plus waking up alone, that's a very terrifying thing.

      "So how did you sleep?"

      "Good, I guess."

      "Yeah, Liam said that you two talked for a little bit. Was it talking?"

      "ZENDAYA!" I exclaim and she laughs.

      "What?! I'm just asking! After all he is Liam Williams! Plus we all know what you think of his body! Especially when you're drunk!"

      "I'm not that bad!"

      "You gave Zoey a little too much detail on what you want to do him. When was it? A week and a few days ago? It was the night that you drank that bottle of strong wine."

      "Oh well. I mean, he's quite sexy."

      "Exactly my point!"

      "What?! Have you seen his body? His tattoos? His eyes? His smile?"

      "I mean he is hot, but I don't know. I don't see him like that."

      "Then you are more blind than a bat." I tell her and she laughs.

      "What are you laughing at?" I hear someone ask, sounds like Cody and then I hear a groan.

      "You are such a dumbass!" I hear Zoey yell. That girl never has a filter, I swear.

"Guys! Shut up! I'm talking to Raleigh!" Zaya yells at them, annoyed. As soon as my name leaves her mouth, everyone is yelling and screaming at me. I hang up. I don't say bye or anything. I just hang up the damn phone, not caring because that was giving me a headache.

      "Well that was rude, princess." I hear my lo-Liam tell me. Although he's not mine. Technically. I turn to see him sitting on the couch, giving me a smirk. He's in black jeans and a white T-shirt. I guess that's decent clothing for May weather. Especially when it's like sixty outside.

      "So isn't sitting and eves-dropping on people's conversations." I remind him, mumbling "hypocrite" under my breath. Liam laughs and walks over to me.

      "I heard that, princess." He informs me as he lifts my chin up and his eyes immediately go to my lips. I decide to have some fun and tease him a little.