02 You Know The Story?

+Liam's POV+

      I can't believe it. I must be imagining it. There's no way that she's the child of them. It's not possible. She said that they lived in New York. Or did. I guess it is possible for them to come to Colorado. But the changes of them being here the same time we are is too small. I don't believe it. Then the fact that it's her. She's the one with the eyes and the hair.

       "Liam, is that you?" I hear the woman who birthed me ask as I walk in through the house.

       "Yeah." I say, sighing. At least she seems to be in a good mood. But lord only knows how long that mood will last.

      "Find anything?" She asks me. When I don't answer she walks over to me. She's much shorter than I am. I get my height from my father. I get my skin from my father. My mother's skin is way darker than mine. But my father had very pale skin so it kinda valences out. Although I'm on the darker side but not by much.

      "What did you find?" She demands, holding a cigarette. I wince mentally when I see  those twisted things. She's burned me with them before.

"Nothing." I assure her. It is nothing for now at least.

"Tsk. Are you lying to me?" She asks and I shake my head.

"You better not be because you know what will happen if I catch you lying." She reminds me. I instantly shudder, remembering the last time she caught me lying. She took a knife and cut my tongue open. That hurt like hell.

"I know."

"Good, now go get me some food."

"Yes, ma'am." I tell her, going to the kitchen and looking for food. Except I don't know what she wants.

"What do you want?" I ask her.

"USELESS HUMAN BEING! YOU CAN'T EVEN GET ME FOOD?!" She yells at me, getting up. I know that I'm going to be in pain tomorrow.

"I just asked for FOOD! How is that hard?!"

"It's hard when I don't know what the duck you want!" I yell at her, knowing I'm going to be punished for it but I couldn't stop myself. I just snapped. And so does she. She slaps me and grabs my hair, pushing me against the wall.

"Talk to me like that again, I dare you." Her voice is filled with venom and hate. As always.

"That hurt?" She asks as she takes her cigarette and puts it on my neck. Fuck! It's burning my flesh and it hurts! Badly! Tears start flowing down my face because of the pain, no matter how much I beg them to stop. Showing her weakness gives her pleasure. If you show her you're in pain, she'll enjoy it even more. Especially when it's her son.

"I want you to make me food and I want it in the next ten minutes before you lose your eyebrow again." She threatens me, taking the cigarette away from my skin.

"And while at school, try not to break your nose. That's my job." With that she walks away, holding another bottle of liquor. I sigh and put ice on my burned neck. I sigh and take some pain reliever. Then I start on making some food for my lovely mother. Not really. I hate her. I wish I could leave. Even at eighteen, I'm not allowed to leave. She'll find me. Then she'll probably kill me.

"Here you go." I say as I hand her a plate of eggs. I love to cook. Just not for her.

"Finally!" She exclaims, chowing them down. Now I'm glad I put some of her medicine in there. It's medicine to help her sleep and to be more calm. But it also means, I get a night out of here.