42 Do You Still Love Me?

~Raleigh's POV~

I open the door and it's like I'm seeing a ghost. His name rolls off of my tongue leaving a painful taste in my mouth, like the one in my heart. I take a look at him, like a really good look; because this could be the last time I see him. I don't want to leave any details out for when he disappears. His dark brown hair is kept out of his face. His beard is freshly shaved but not where he has none, but it's more well kept. His hazel eyes hold shock, defeat and fear. I go to touch him but stop, scared that he'll disappear when I do. That's what ghosts do, right?

"Um...this is Isaac...haven't you two met?" The guy next to him says, worried, as if he's trying to prevent something. But everything starts clicking in my head. The stories, the sizes, the food, the mask. Everything keeps spiraling around me and I feel like I'm...I'm drowning in all the lies and the pain. I hear muffled sounds, like screams but soon those to  get pushed under with me. Then all there is...is darkness.

~~~~~~~~

"Will you just let me talk to her when she wakes up, please?" I hear someone practically beg but my brain can't think of who the voice belongs to.

"Why should I?! She's told me everything! You don't deserve to talk to her and to hurt her more than you already have!" A second voice demands. I recognize this one as well but I just can't determine who's voice it is.

"I get that but doesn't she deserve an explanation? She was never supposed to find out this way."

"She was never supposed to find out in the first place, was she?"

"No." I hear the first person whisper.

        "That's your answer then."

       "You don't understand, I have to explain to her why."

        "No, I do understand. I understand that you broke my sister's heart, TWICE! Pretended to be dead and as she told 'Isaac' about 'Liam' you didn't say a single thing!" The second person yells at the first. I recognize the second voice as Randy's and in my head it clicks that it's Liam's voice as the first. I decide this is a good time to open my eyes instead of pretending I'm sleeping. I see that I'm in a hospital room with ugly green curtains, ugly green and brown chairs.

        "Oh thank god! I was so worried!" Randy exclaims, rushing over to me. His black hair is a mess and he's wearing gray basketball shorts with a blue shirt. His hazel eyes hold relief as he looks at me.

        "I'm fine." I assure him but my eyes land on...Liam. I thought it was just a fucked up dream. Guess not. I stare at his beautiful hazel eyes and how his dark brown hair is close to falling in his face. He wears ripped light blue jeans and a light gray shirt. He has more facial hair now than he did before he...died; but it doesn't change the fact that he's still absolutely stunning.

      "Randy, can you go get me some water?" I ask him, but I still look at Liam. Even though he's clearly alive, a part of me is still scared he's a ghost and going to disappear the moment my eyes leave him.

       "What? You hav-yeah." Randy tells me, understanding what I want. Once he leaves and closes the door, I gesture with my finger for Liam to get over here.

"Raleigh, I'm so s-" Liam starts but I shake my head. I just need a second to process everything again.

"Why?" I ask him, finally taking my eyes off of him, afraid that I'll just break all over again if I look at him as we talk about this.