chapter 26

"He is still my son, rather he wants to believe me or not." He replied. "Then let me at least try." Harry said. "Very well." He said. "How come you didn't stay at the school?" Harry asked. "Eh, just wasn't for me. I get sent some stuff each year to keep me somewhat updated on the magic but otherwise nothing." Victoria said. "Understood, take a sit Jay." Harry said and after a couple of spells Harry turned his wand back in his jacket. "What is it you wanted from Victoria? She does have school in an hour." Jay say. "So I'm a little late. Just Math." Victoria said. "Just a couple questions about Victors breathing." Harry said. "No. I barely got him to tell me." She said. "It's because a problem, one if I have to fix can really fuck him up in other ways."  Harry said. "You aren't suppose-" Victoria started. "There's been cases where in life or death situations it's been approved. He's old enough to survive a spell and potions can he handle, but it isn't without affections rather temporary or permanent. It be a hell of a lot easier to know what I am working with to minimalize the effect." Harry said. "You said-" Jay started. "And I also told you I wanted to keep it that way. Less then a week he has been in a flare up." Harry said. "Victoria; if you know-" Jay said. "I don't think even magic could help and he doesn't want anybody to know and he will never talk to me again if I do tell you." Victoria said and Harry let out a sigh. "I swear teenagers are getting harder and harder to deal with." Harry said, before James just appeared beside Victoria in a small smoke cloud form a potion being thrown at him. "Are you trying to piss him off?" James said. "James, what on earth are you doing?" Harry said. "Not in the mood to deal with him being all fussy because you want stop! I want to go to bed!" James fussed. "Go back home, James." Harry said. "I can't. He throw a potion. Lets go." James whined. "Get him to tell me or I will be back. You I can use all the magic I want to find the answers, with or without permission." Harry said.

"Are you fucking kidding me, right now?!" Victor said, pushing open Harry's home office door, the attic door. "First, knock off that mouth of yours. There are small children in this house. Secondly, I will find out what is going on with you even if you disapprove of how I go about it. I won't let your stubbornness kill you!" Harry said. "What part of leave it alone do you not fucking understand?! I don't need a parent and I sure as hell don't want one." Victor said. "You shut your mouth, Victor. Something you will have to understand is you have to take care of yourself. If not for you then for James and your daughter!" Harry said. "That so isn't fair." Victor huffed. "If it's the only way to get you to listen and take care of yourself, then yes I will use it. Now either you're telling me what the hell is going on or I will use my magic and make her tell me because she is loyal to you." Harry said and after a moment. "Why the hell did you use a spell on my father?" Victor asked. "To show you something you don't want to believe." Harry said. "He-" Victor started. "No he didn't. He got called when you were in the hospital for the first time after a bad asthma and then called your mother who admitted to him what she had done. You refused to listen so he never went to get custody over you because he didn't want to force you to approve of him. He would have gladly accepted you." Harry said. "You're lying..." Victor said, before little out a noise when he hit the chair. He seen the wand glow before feeling the odd warm feeling on his temple before he seen the "videos" in his own eyes.

Victor stood over a sleeping James, who had long kidnapped his jacket. After another sigh he picked up his old busted phone before calling up his father.
"Hello."

"Hi...dad."

"You feeling better?"

"Yeah...I feel better. You...really didn't know?"

"No...but I couldn't force you to believe me. I did my best to keep you safe, but...only when you shared things with Victoria."

"So she did tell you?"

"No, just that you needed to be moved."

"That...explains why I kept getting moved."

"How is...I never caught the name of the boy...bit fussy, really."

"James and Yeah...Victoria can tell you the deal with James...then you can call back if you want..."

Victor then hung up, before letting out another sigh and eased down in the bed. Victor was dead asleep when the phone went off so a bit moody James answered the phone.

"Can I help you with something?"

"Er, I woke you up didn't I?"

"You think? What do you want?"

"To talk to Victor, he seemed to think I wouldn't call back."

"He is sleep, call back in the morning."

He hung up the phone and went back to asleep, only for Victor to answer the call in the morning hours.

"Hello?"

"I didn't mean to wake him up last night."

"Oh, he is always moody if he doesn't wake himself up."

"Ah. I have questions, but I assume I need to ask one of them?"

"Yeah. Harry. Might not always listen...but...means well."

"Are you going to tell them whatever is going on? Or do I really need your sister to tell them?"

"No...I'll talk to him once the cold shoulder is over."

"Alright. I have to get to work."

"You can call...anytime..."

"Thanks...take care, Victor."