𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 - 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘

PRE-NOTE:

angst? yes. there has to be some in this book :)

Also, you like the new cover?

---

"What do you mean he's gone?"

George tossed his phone onto his bed, the device bouncing up and down. He looked stressed. "I don't know! He went to go to bed early, and when I finished my stream, he wasn't in his room. The apartment, in fact!"

A long sigh came from the phone. "George, you better find him soon, or everybody's going to lose their balls."

"I know, Marcus!" He snapped. He was looking through (M/N)'s desk, trying to find a note or something. Or... something.

"Come on come on-"

George's hands froze over a certain item. He slowly took it out of its hiding place.

His stomach dropped.

Five hours earlier...

"I'm gonna head to bed now," (M/N) patted George's shoulder, who grunted in understanding. He was so engrossed in what was on his screen he didn't say anything. (M/N) just shook his head, smiling, and went over to his room. Before he could take a shower and clean up, though, his phone started ringing.

Thinking that it was one of his friends, he checked the number. But it wasn't.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Tallahassee, Florida

He frowned. Why was somebody calling him from America?

But, being a person who would always pick up the phone no matter what, he pressed the green button and brought it up to his ear. "Hello?"

A lot of mumbling came, then it stopped when he said something.

"Ahem, hello, is this (M/N) (L/N)?"

He stiffened. "...Yes," He said slowly.

Was it just him, or did the speaker's voice drop? "Hi, this is Dr. Collier from CRMC, I'm here to talk about your grandmother, (F/N) (L/N)."

His voice died in his throat. Right now, he stood, frozen, in his doorway. (M/N) swallowed, glancing at his computer.

"What- what about her?"

"She's been diagnosed with breast cancer," Collier said slowly.

.

.

.

"Breast cancer?" He said faintly.

"Yes. And because of her age, I don't think she'll recover anytime soon."

(M/N) slowly let out a jagged breath, running his fingers through his hair. "How long- how long does she have?"

Collier muttered something off of the phone. "We believe she'll hand on for four more days."

The doctor seemed to sense the distress coming off of the nineteen-year-old. "Do you want us to schedule a flight for you? It's the least we can do."

"Yeah," He nodded quickly. "Yeah, I'll like that."

After the doctor hung up with a subtle goodbye, (M/N) walked over to his bed, heavily falling on hit. 

"Come on, come on, you knew this was coming," He muttered to himself, rubbing his face.

But that still doesn't help the fact that it hurts.

(F/N) had aged well into her eighties, but that's when it started going downhill. She couldn't function properly.

Tears pricked his eyes, but (M/N) wiped them away furiously. There was no use to cry right now.

He sat up again, then headed over to his closet. He pulled out a small suitcase, already filled with clothes and toiletries. He always hated packing for a trip, so he did them before-hand when he felt like he was in the mood to do so.

Walking over to the kitchen, he heard a scream and a shout of laughter come from George's room. Instead of chuckling along with him, (M/N) winced.

Should I- shouldn't I leave a note for him at least?

But his body wasn't agreeing with his mind. He subconsciously walked over to the pantry and brought out a couple of snacks, shoving them into his hoodie. After grabbing a water bottle, he shifted over to the front door. When he brought his hand up to twist the knob, he noticed his fingers started shaking. Uncontrollably. 

His breathing hitched, and (M/N) forced himself to calm down. The shaking fainted to an occasional twitch. He wrapped his hand around the cold knob and turned it, opening the door.

He left the apartment without a second thought.

Not realizing he left his phone.

---

"Flight 15, Brighton to Tallahassee, boarding in five minutes."

(M/N) stood up, his grip tight on his suitcase. Throwing out his coffee cup and pastry bag, he walked over to his area. Since it was 10 in the evening, it wasn't really crowded. Just about two dozen people.

He took a seat in the front row as the group waited for the doors to open to the plane. His mind was still foggy about the news, but thankfully, it wasn't shattered.

It was damn close, though. 

Finally, after fighting back sleep, the gateways opened. (M/N) was the first one in, quickly handing his ticket over to the woman before speed-walking to his seat.

First-class. Of course the doctor would buy him that.

After putting his luggage over his head, he relaxed into his seat, putting on his headphones.

He probably shouldn't have done that, because he was out like a light a minute later.

A girl yawned, extremely tired. Why she traveled here in the middle of the night, she didn't know. But she couldn't wait to meet her friends in Brighton.

"Aboard Flight 15."

To her right, she saw an almost-empty area file towards a gateway, where a woman was taking her tickets and checking them.

In the front of the line...

She frowned. Niki recognized that blue-grey hoodie.

And that (H/C) hair.

Before she could figure out who it was right there, the male disappeared into the gateway, dragging his suitcase along with him. Niki just shrugged it off and continued walking to the parking lot, where Wilbur was waiting for her.

Sure enough, she saw his familiar car, and a tall figure leaning on the side of it. When Wilbur saw her, he walked up to him, smiling. He opened his arms out for a hug, and she obliged, pressing herself close to him. His pinetree smell filled her senses.

She widened her eyes.

"(M/N)!"

NOTE:

haha, YESSSS- this part but more my style.

I ain't following rules here >:)

Also, FLORIDA?

We all know what's gonna happen.