𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 - 𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖

"So let me get this straight.

"You saw- or you think you saw- (M/N) board a plane."

Niki swallowed, her palms sweaty. "Yeah."

Marcus sighed infuriatingly. "And you didn't think to stop him?"

"Hey." Wilbur stepped in between the two. "Niki didn't know at that time, it wasn't her fault." He shot a worried glance at her. "But you did see which flight he went on, right?"

Six people stood in the living room of the apartment. George was curled up at the edge of the couch, picking at his jeans. Marcus was tapping his foot impatiently on the floor. Wilbur and Niki sat on the couch, while Shelly and Andrew were sitting at the kitchen table, a laptop open in front of them.

Niki shook her head, ignoring the eye-roll from Marcus. "All I heard was Flight 15. And I bet we all know that areas one through twenty go to the United States."

"Got it," Shelly said from her spot. Everybody turned to her. "A plane to Tallahassee, Florida at 10:15 PM." She frowned. "What on Earth-"

"His grandmother."

George finally spoke. He wrapped his arms around his legs tighter. "(M/N)'s grandmother hasn't been in the best condition for a long time." 

Wilbur rubbed the back of his neck. "Jesus- I mean, we could've helped him..."

Drew shook his head. "We couldn't. Believe me, I know. He doesn't like to weigh down other people with his problems."

Marcus let out a shaky breath, raking his fingers through his hair. He was thoroughly pissed off. "I swear to god-"

"I'll text Clay and Nick" George interjected, taking out his phone. "They live hella far from Tallahassee, but I'll see what they can do."

"Wha- oh right, Sapnap moved in with Dream." Drew chuckled lowly. "What about you, George?"

He scowled. "I'm not going to move anytime soon."

"Alright," Niki said, trying to calm the twenty-four-year-old. "Just tell Dream, and we'll wait."

Marcus glowered. "He better find (M/N)."

---

"Hello," The young woman at the desk smiled brightly up at (M/N). "What can I do for you?"

He tried to control his pounding heart. "I'm here for (F/N) (L/N)."

Her smile faltered a bit, but she brought it back up. Only now the gleam in her eyes was dimmed. She nodded. "Of course. She's in room 4-B. I suggest you take the stairs if you want to get there faster."

His breath hitched, and he nodded quickly. "Of course. Thanks..."

She gave her another one of her warm smiles. "Tracey."

"Thanks, Tracey," He gave her a quick smile of thanks, then made his way over to the stairs. He didn't want to move too fast so that he didn't attract attention, but quick enough so that he can have more time with his grandmother.

He dashed up the steps and to the fourth floor. His grandmother's room, thankfully, was the first one on the right, so he walked up to the door and knocked.

A tall man opened the door, and (M/N) presumed that it was Dr. Collier, the guy he had talked to over the phone. He gave the younger a small smile.

"(M/N), right?"

He nodded. "Yes," he replied, stretching his hand out. Even in an event like this, he couldn't use his manners.

Collier took it softly, then let go. "I'll say, your grandmother's a tough one. And surprisingly cooperative. She took all her medication. I guess she's been trying to hold off for you."

(M/N)'s throat grew dry again, and Collier's smile faltered. "Well... I'll leave you with her." After he finished that sentence, he rested his hand on his shoulder for a brief moment before whisking away.

He stood there for a moment, then, taking a deep breath, he rounded the corner.

His grandmother laid in the bed, tubes in her nose and on her arms.

She must've heard (M/N) enter, because she opened a green eye. "(M/N)?"

He gave her a shaky smile. "Yeah-" he cleared his throat after his voice cracking. "Yeah, it's me."

His grandmother gave him a quirked grin. "What're you standing there for? I'm over here."

(M/N) let out a soft laugh, then grabbed a stool and dragged it over to the side of her bed. He took one of her hands into his own as he sat down.

"How're you feeling?" He said softly, caressing the wrinkled hand.

She scoffed. "Could've been worse. All the medication's been a pain, but it's worth it. My tits don't hurt anymore."

He deadpanned. "Grandma, don't be so vulgar."

"Oh shush," She scolded lightly. "Let me have my moment."

The two sat in comfortable silence, despite one on the verge of death.

(M/N)'s grandmother must've seen his expression because she squeezed his hands a bit tighter. 

"Stop looking so glum," She rasped. "I don't want my last memories of you to be your frown."

The back of his eyes started hurting again. "Grandma..."

"Hey," Her expression softened as soon as (M/N)'s eyes glazed over. "Hey, (M/N). It's gonna be alright."

"I know, I know," He muttered, blinking tears back. "I'm stupid. This was going to happen soon enough-"

"You're not stupid," She said sternly. "In fact, you're quite the opposite. I'm quite amazed at how you're handling this, (M/N). Most people would be begging at their parent's feet. Telling them not to die."

She smiled. "Death's inevitable. You can't stop it. But what you can do is dull the pain. Here," She shifted in her bed. "Remember how you, me and your dad would go out to the lake?"

He let out a sound, between a laugh and a sob. "Yeah. Frankie, our dog, was also there. Grandpa brought him into the boat with him. Frankie caused their boat to capsize."

She nodded. "And that time we visited Tampa?"

"Of course. That trip was the reason why you guys wanted to move to America. You loved the ocean breeze. You pestered Gramps to move for at least a month."

It continued like this. (M/N)'s grandmother listing trips together, while he explained the details. He did notice how faint her voice had become.

He was halfway telling a story about going to Australia when her hand grew limp in his grasp.

His voice shuttered to a stop, staring forlornly at the still body. Tears finally dripping down his cheek, he brought her hand to his forehead.

He quietly cried to himself for a few minutes before feeling a soft hand on his shoulder. 

"(M/N)?"

NOTE:

Y'all hear Schlatt's moving to Texas?

He literally called my state a dump ;-;

but, to be fair, it is run by goblins and terrorists PFFT-

hey, don't blame me for posting that note. I'm legit crying over my own work. Listening to music ain't helping