𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣 - 𝕗𝕦𝕟𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕝

"You guys don't have to come," (M/N) said, straightening his tie.

Clay shook his head. "No, it's fine. You need somebody to go with, anyways. Nick, put down Patches or else you're gonna get cat hair on your suit."

It was finally Saturday, and the three were getting ready for (M/N)'s grandmother's funeral. It was cloudy, but the rain was supposed to hold off until midnight. 

A bit cliche if it wouldn't.

Nick set Patches on the couch. "So what do you do? I've never been to a funeral."

Clay arched an eyebrow. "Seriously? Not even one?"

"No," He replied. "Usually I would stay behind. Then again, the funerals that were held were for people I barely knew."

(M/N) looked at himself in the mirror one last time before grabbing his jacket. "I don't think many people are going to be there, considering that half of my family lives in Europe. But I'm sure that my mom will attend."

Nick perked up. "Will there be food?"

The (H/C) male snorted. "This is a funeral, not a wake. But we can go out to eat after if you want. Alright, are we ready?"

Clay nodded. "Yeah. But where's the funeral going to be again?"

"Here," He walked up to the blonde and recited the location, watching him put it in the GPS. 

"A little far," Clay murmured. "It'll take an hour without traffic. So let's leave now, in case we do get caught in some."

(M/N) shrugged. "That's fine by me."

The three piled into the car, Clay driving while (M/N) sat in the passenger seat and Nick in the back. For some reason, though, he started streaming on his phone. 

If he had the audacity to say that they were going to a funeral...

"Hey!" Nick exclaimed, aiming his camera at (M/N), who quickly looked away. No way he was doing a face reveal now.

"Look! It's (U/N) in a black suit!"

"Sapnap," (M/N) almost whined. "Take the goddamn camera off of me."

Nick chuckled. "The chat's simping over you now."

"That's nice to hear, I guess," He grumbled. Clay chuckled at the male's discomfort.

Nick turned the camera back to me. "We're going somewhere very special. It's so special that I can't say anything about it."

"Nice cover-up," Clay said sarcastically. (M/N) just rolled his eyes. 

---

Nick continued streaming until they were close to their destination, which he closed it. (M/N) was nervous, to say the least. He was going to meet his mother, and therefore...

His stepfather and half-siblings.

The last time they met, it was extremely awkward for the three of them; the kids were too young to realize the tension in the air. 

Sure, his mother's new husband was a nice man, and that he was trying his best to bond with (M/N)...

But you know how everything goes. All children are loyal to their parents.

Even when one of them is somebody you don't see every month, let alone each morning.

He knew that Mr. Carrillo would try again with him, wanting to create some sort of father-son bond.

(M/N) would befriend the latter, but that's how far he's willing to go.

Clay pulled up into the parking lot, and the trio stepped out of the car. Only a small group of men noticed them, but they didn't bother to greet them. He didn't blame them, he was the one bringing two unknown people.

Talking about that, Nick was glancing around, suddenly realizing if he had made the right choice. Clay tugged at his collar.

"(M/N)! Son!"

He turned around to see her stout mother walk up to him, beaming, with open arms. He returned the smile and bent down to hug her, his grip warm but tight.

They let go after a good few seconds. "How's it going, (M/N)?" She asked softly. "I haven't seen you in six months."

He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "Just work, streaming, the usual. Anyways, meet my friends Clay and Nick."

The two waved slowly at her, and the corners of her mouth twitched.

Smiling warmly up to them, she said: "Pleasure to meet you, boys. I'm just glad that my son made some friends."

(M/N) balked at his mother. "Mom-"

"You were a loner?" Clay said, a sly twinkle in his eyes. "Seriously?"

"Ma," He pouted slightly. "Why did you have to bring that up?"

To his dismay, she winked at his friends. "After the funeral, ask me what you guys want to know about him. That George never wanted to pry into his privacy, but I feel like you guys won't even hesitate."

Nick smirked. "I like your mom, (M/N)."

"Thanks," He grumbled, then straightened, tugging on his suit cuffs. "Let's get going, I feel like I'm going to die in this if I stay in it a little longer." 

"(M/N)," Clay's voice quieted as he placed a hand on his shoulder. "We're going to stay in the car. I don't get I've got a feeling we won't be welcome here. 

The male turned around, frowning, ready to scold him, then remembered. As he remembered, they wouldn't be there on the behalf of his grandmother. They only came to accompany their friend.

(M/N) nodded slowly. "Alright... the service might take a while, so don't stop yourselves from driving somewhere. If you do, I'll just use my mother's phone to ring one of you guys."

"Using your mum's phone," Nick murmured, slightly chuckling. "This is getting better and better."

"Oh, shut up and leave already."

NOTE:

Fun Fact: The stepfather and Air Force thing are based on my real life! believe it or not, my biological parents met on base :)

I also literally wrote this shit when I was half-asleep. If you are reading this, I am likely sleeping.

Bye!

Edit: I hate this chapter. now that I'm awake, I really hate it.

but I'm too lazy to fix it. 

there'll be a longer chapter next.