𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 - 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥

"(M/N)?"

(M/N) quickly shifted away from the hand on his shoulder, startled at the sudden contact. His grip on his grandmother's now-cold hand grew tighter.

"Hey- hey, it's just me. It's Clay."

The grip loosened. "Dream?"

Glancing sideways, (M/N) got a full view of the guy next to him. He had dirty blonde hair, almost a brown, and green-grey eyes. Faint freckles dotted his face.

The said person wrinkled his nose. "We're not streaming, so don't call me that."

Finally processing what was in front of him, he sat up straight, his slightly bloodshot eyes wide. "How-"

"George texted us. Well, we lived a good four hours away from Tallahassee, but he said it was urgent, so..." He shrugged. "Yeah. We're here."

"Wait, we?"

(M/N)'s gaze drifted to the entrance, and he saw Nick standing there, looking slightly uncomfortable. He gave him a small wave.

He frowned. "You didn't have to..." He faltered under Clay's glare.

"Ok, so we could've just left you here, alone and without a phone, while we're scared shitless where you are?" He nodded sarcastically. "Of course, (M/N). You're welcome for me driving above 90 miles per hour-"

"Clay," Nick said softly, and the blonde let out a deep breath, relaxing his stance. (M/N) averted his gaze back to his grandmother's body.

"I... sorry about making you guys worry." He sighed, shuddering a little. "I wasn't in the right state of mind."

"(M/N), don't apologize," Nick said, walking up to his other side. "We understand what you were going through. It's hard."

Clay got up from his seat, his hand still on (M/N)'s shoulder as if he was telling him to get up too. He didn't, instead wrapping his fingers tighter around his grandmothers' hand.

"(M/N), cmon. You need to rest. I talked to the doctor, and he said he'll hold the funeral this weekend. Right now, we're going to take you back to our house."

"We'll come back," Nick assured. "I promise."

As he was unresposive for the next minute, Clay thought about repeating himself again, before (M/N) nodded slowly.

"Yeah... alright." He gripped Nick's shoulder to get up, trying to ignore the pins and needles in his legs. As the two males led the third away, (M/N) shot one last glance at the still body before leaving the room.

---

"Seriously, how much sleep does this guy get?" Nick grumbled, glancing over his shoulder to see a passed-out (M/N).

Clay shrugged. "You know that most of the streamers out there have f*cked up sleep schedules- even me."

"I can see that," Nick muttered under his breath, and he glared at him.

Clay turned back to the road. "I hope my sister doesn't mind that were bringing another dude into the house."

The guy in the passenger seat snorted. "She'll have to relax- it's not her house anyway."

Suddenly, Nick's phone started ringing, and he picked it up after checking the number. "Hey."

"You guys got him?" George's voice was loud over the speaker when he answered. The two flinched, Nick quickly lowering the sound while Clay glanced at (M/N). He didn't seem affected.

"Yes, we got him," Nick rushed. "He's sleeping right now."

"Oh, sorry. Thank you."

Clay clicked his tongue. "He looked half-dead when we went into the room. Terrible."

Nick shuddered. "I don't ever want to see him like that again."

"I could've been worse," George reasoned. "At least you guys found him when he did."

"True, true. How's it going on your side?"

He sighed. "Marcus has been losing his f*cking mind, and it's pissing off everybody else. At least he'll calm down now that you two got him. Speaking about that, what're going to do now?"

"(M/N)'s going to stay here for a week at most," Clay said. "The funeral is going to happen on Saturday evening, and then he'll come back to you guys."

"Alright." George was about to say something else, but hesitated. "Just- just look out for him, alright?"

It made sense that the older was worried for his roommate- they knew each other for more than ten years, even when they weren't living with each other.

Clay smiled softly, even though he couldn't see it. "Of course. We'll call you back when he wakes, alright?"

"Ok." And after that, Nick hung up on him. He sighed, leaning back into his seat.

It was a while before somebody spoke up again on the car ride.

"Clay?" Nick said quietly. "How- how did (M/N) handle that so well? If that was me, I would've broke down right then and there."

The driver let out a deep breath. "Two things I'm considering: one, he's been building up his courage for this moment. Or two..." He faltered.

.

.

.

"It- it could have happened to him before."

"Holy mother of god..." Nick mumbled under his breath. He stared at the sleeping figure behind him. "He's- he has always acted so normal. You wouldn't have realized any of these things have happened to him."

Clay shrugged. "At least he's being genuine. I appreciate that about him- he knows when to move on. He's a strong guy."

The two turned back to the road in front of them, both of their minds loud with thoughts.

"I'm just glad he's okay."

NOTE:

haha, YESS! Florida Man and Snapmap here to the rescue!

Tried to make it not really fanfiction-logical, wanted to change things up. We DO need a strong person once in a while, agreed?

and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD- almost 100 followers? Goddamn, you people. Thanks.

Edit: I will be consistently changing the colors of the cover to match the holiday or whatsoever- just to keep it happy :)