𝕖𝕩𝕥𝕣𝕒 - 𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕓𝕠𝕠 - 𝕓𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘

PRE-NOTE:

this takes place during the build of MrBeastHQ, when he had a little extra time to travel.

WARNING: potential confusing cooking ahead

---

"RANBOO! RANBOO, GET THE FREAKING OVEN!!!"

"GAH- I THINK THEY'RE BURNT??"

"NO, IT'S NOT! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT!"

two hours earlier...

"So, Ranboo, you have all the right equipment?"

The taller nodded, fiddling with a rubber spatula. (M/N) had decided to visit him when he was on a little break when still working with Jimmy. And, plus, he said he was doing a cooking stream, so he decided to help him out.

"Great!" (M/N) clapped his hands together and faced the camera. "Welcome everybody to this stream. I'm helping Ranboo out today to bake, since his last one was a disaster."

"I didn't think it was a disaster," He whined, but he shushed him quickly.

"So we're going to go simple just for the sake of it and bake some cookies." (M/N) took out a recipe card from his pocket. "Chocolate crackle cookies! My favorite."

Ranboo took the card from him and read it over. "It looks simple enough."

"Messy, but simple." He placed his hands on his hips. "Alright, I'm going to preheat the oven and line the pan while you melt the chocolate."

The taller nodded, taking the boxes of chocolate and breaking them into a bowl, while (M/N) punched some buttons on the oven.

When he finished that, he sighed and rolled up the sleeves of his sweater, taking the sugar and cocoa powder. "Ranboo, what do the measurements say?"

"Uhh..." He squinted at the card. "Two cups of sugar and a fourth of a cup of cocoa."

He hummed in recognition and scooped the sugar into the bowl, then setting the bag aside and taking the powder.

Ranboo glanced at him, then the sugar bag, and back at him again, although slowly dipping his finger into it.

(M/N) arched an eyebrow at him just as he lifted a sugar-coated finger to his mouth, his free hand taking down the mask. "What?"

He sighed, shaking his head. "Please don't. Can you get me the chocolate?"

The brunette quickly wiped off his finger on his apron and dashed over to his microwave, taking out the bowl and pouring it into the concoction, then grabbing a mixing spoon.

"Hold on," (M/N) grabbed the spoon from him, then poured the oil. "Ok, now you can mix."

He watched Ranboo quickly stir the mixture, almost like a child. If it wasn't for his glasses, he would've sworn his eyes would've been sparkling.

The taller dipped his head as he finished mixing. "God, this smells so good."

"Hold on," (M/N), said, smiling as he grabbed a small bottle and popped the lid off. "Smell this."

Ranboo held the bottle up to his nose, then let out a deep breath. "Holy- why does it smell so good? What is it?"

[If you all haven't smelled vanilla extract or the bean you're missing out. The perks of being a baker :)]

"Vanilla," He said. "It smells great but tastes terrible. Don't try this, kids," He faced the camera again, then poured the desired amount there. "Ranboo, you think you can put the eggs in there without getting any shells?"

"Let's see..." He grabbed the eggs and proceeded to crack them. To both of their surprise, he didn't. "Yes, I can."

(M/N) nodded. "Now get the flour, baking powder, and salt. I'm going to do this part since I don't completely trust you with the flour."

"Can't argue with that," Ranboo said, then went to the cabinets to grab the ingredients. Handing him the bags, he measured them and poured them into the bowl.

"Ok," (M/N) braced himself. "Now this is the hard part; the mixing."

Ranboo tilted his head. "Why?"

Just as the (H/C) male was halfway in the mixing, the batter began to get stiff. He huffed, using both hands to mix just as Ranboo held onto the bowl.

"This..." He hissed. "I hate this part..."

Finally, he got that part done, and now it was the fun part: forming the cookies. He took out a smaller bowl and poured confectioners sugar and more cocoa powder, mixing it slightly with a fork.

"So," He scooped out a bit of batter and shape it into a ball with his hands, Ranboo following him. "You want it a little smaller than your palm, and then just dip it into the sugar and place it on the sheet." He fully covered the cookie dough with the sugar mixture then set it on the pan.

"This smells so good," Ranboo said, placing his own misshapen cookie on the pan. "I can't wait to try that."

"If you survive during the baking," (M/N) pointed out. "The first time I made it, I died halfway due to the smell. It's so f*cking sweet and good."

"Well, I'm sure I can."

---

He didn't.

And now that his mind was messed up, it caused the both of them to end up where they are right now.

"RANBOO!" (M/N) skidded into the kitchen, seeing him staring at the cookies, a bit scared. Quickly he slipped on oven mitts and took them out. "It's supposed to be like that, don't worry!"

"Oh- oh. So they're not burnt?"

He shook his head, placing the pan on top of the oven. To Ranboo's surprise, he took one of the cookies and popped it into his mouth. 

He stared at him. "Is your tongue burnt?"

(M/N) shook his head, taking off the mitts and sweeping his hands together. "No, although I wouldn't do it if I were you. You have to get used to it- RANBOO, DID YOU HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID!"

Just as he said that the taller had taken a cookie and bit into it, right after choking and fanning his mouth. "Ouch- god dammit-"

(M/N) faced the camera, looking exasperated. "This is why you should never let a kid alone in the kitchen."

"hEy!"

NOTE:

yep. I made this recipe before. Delicious. 

next extra: tubbo