𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 - 𝕤𝕒𝕡𝕟𝕒𝕡 - 𝕞𝕠𝕧𝕚𝕖 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Again.

It came again.

(M/N) sighed, setting his glass on the counter. Groaning, he ran his fingers through his hair.

Ever since... that day, he couldn't get a wink of sleep.

Even if he tried, a certain dream kept replaying in his mind.

No, not Clay. A legit dream.

"Uh, (M/N)?"

A sudden voice behind him caused (M/N) to jump and fumble with his glass, his fingers slipping on the cup. Thankfully, he caught it before it shattered onto the ground.

"Nick?" He whisper-yelled. "What are you doing up?"

He frowned. "I could ask you the same thing. Don't look at me like that, I noticed that every single night you've been walking to the kitchen."

"Because I can't sleep!" He whispered back. 

He blinked, his frown getting deeper. "You could've just told us."

(M/N) shrugged helplessly. "What will you do? Now I feel guilty keeping you up because of my stupid problem."

"It's not stupid," He waved his hands dismissively. "Is it because..."

"..."

"I'm- I'm sorry if-"

"No." (M/N) shook his head, his voice slightly cracking. "No, it's fine. And... yeah."

He sighed. "It just keeps replaying in my mind, you know? It's disturbing, really. And plus, I think I gained insomnia from the stupid post-traumatic stress."

Nick blinked. "I had no idea what you just said."

(M/N) shook his head, a ghost of a smile flashing across his face. "Basically, I can't sleep."

He snorted. "I think I knew that much."

"Mm." He traced his fingers along the glass. "How come you come down now? Not the nights before?"

"Look, I thought you were just going to the bathroom. Until- until I realized I never heard the toilet actually flush-"

(M/N) laughed softly. "You big idiot."

"Um..." Nick fiddled with his fingers. "What- what about we watch a movie together? If you can't sleep, might as well do something."

He shrugged. "Alright. What do you have in mind?"

"What about... horror?"

"Do you want me to stay up?"

"So that's a no... what do you think of Frozen?"

(M/N) almost laughed out loud. "You like that movie?"

"Hey, it is good!"

"Whatever," He rolled his eyes playfully. "You can start the movie while I get snacks."

"Don't forget-"

"I know, Nick!"

---

(M/N) snorted. "I hate that guy."

Nick nodded, reaching over to grab a handful of popcorn. They were careful not to get anything on the couch, so they sat close to each other. Probably close enough to brush shoulders.

"You know, when we re-watch the movie we've seen as kids, it's hilarious to point out things that we've never seen before." Nick pointed at the screen. "See how his nose is so f*ckin' big?"

(M/N) nodded, laughing. "Yeah. Also, getting engaged as soon as you meet? I'd rather get frozen into a popsicle by Elsa." He threw some more popcorn into his mouth. "Or stepped on by Rudolph."

"His name is Sven," Nick cut off with a chuckle.

"Whatever," He rolled his eyes. "Oi, you have Frozen II? There's no way we're stopping at this."

"Hmm... maybe. Not sure." Nick kept his eyes glued on the screen, his hand absentmindedly reaching towards the popcorn bowl again and to his mouth. "I'll check, but after this. I ain't missing this for shit."

(M/N) snickered. "You have that countryside slang-"

"What- no!" Nick protested, shouldering the other male, who was busy laughing. Making sure that the popcorn won't spill, he grabbed the bowl from (M/N) before shoving him off the couch. He landed on the ground with a surprised snort.

Nick stretched out his legs on the couch. "You can't sit here now." He said smugly.

Snatching the bowl away from him, he ignored the string of complaints coming from the male and jumped onto the couch, getting in between Nick and the back cushions.

.

.

.

"Um," he coughed awkwardly. "What are- what are you doing, (M/N)?"

"Shut up," (M/N) grumbled, snuggling deeper into the blanket. "Just keep watching. And no homo."

"This is very homo!"

The (E/C) male rolled his eyes. "If Karl can cuddle with Mr. Beast, laying down with you on a couch should be fine. Besides, we're married, aren't we?"

He frowned at (M/N)'s challenging smirk. They both knew that the latter hated backing out of things.

"Aren't we?"

"Of course we are," He snapped back. "But one, it's for a joke, and two, it's for Minecraft. This isn't Minecraft."

"Whatever," (M/N) drowsily said. "Just keep watching."

"You're so weird when you're half-asleep," Nick muttered under his breath.

"I heard that," He mumbled.

A few minutes later, the both of them could feel their eyes drooping. While Nick tried to stay awake, (M/N) just let himself fall asleep, wrapped in the giant blanket, and using Nick's waist as a pillow, unintentionally. The said person didn't notice, he was too busy trying to stay awake.

He finally noticed the sleeping figure and frowned sleepily. "Cmon. We were supposed to watch Frozen II."

He got a soft snore as a response. Nick just sighed and turned off the television laying on his back, (M/N)'s head now on his stomach. Grabbing a pillow from behind him, he stuffed it under his head.

I mean- at least you got some sleep.

NOTE:

me: 'publishes' the chapter then goes eat lunch

also me: checks to see what the notifs are to only see that you didn't publish the chapter

...

I hate the word 'snuggle', but you gotta do what you gotta do.

This is probably the first legit chapter where (M/N) gets in contact with another person- wow.

But this chapter is pretty good.

See you guys hopefully tomorrow! <3