𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕠𝕟𝕖 - 𝕓𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕙𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕘𝕚𝕣𝕝

"HOLY SHIT!"

(M/N), who was sleeping peacefully with Nick on the couch, jolted awake as he heard a sudden voice not far from him.

Nick's eyes fluttered open, and turned over and tucked his pillow over his head, not realizing that (M/N) was on top of him. With a yelp, the nineteen-year-old landed hard on the ground.

Great wake-up call.

He groaned, frowning up at...

Cassie?

She was blinking rapidly, gaping. "I- I'll just-"

She turned and ran.

(M/N) just sighed, not bothering to sit up despite being on the floor. Nick somehow went back to sleep, snoring loudly.

He decided to unlock his-

Oh wait. He didn't have it on him.

Shit.

"Whatever," He grumbled. He was still too tired to get up, let alone start the day, so he dozed off right then and there.

When he woke up again, he felt a small weight on his stomach. Squinting and rubbing his eyes, Clay's cat, Patches, curled up into a ball on top of him.

Under normal circumstances, he would've been happy over this.

But his back was really aching.

(M/N) then heard a chuckle. "You alright down there?"

"Clay," He muttered under his breath. "As much as I love your cat, I need to get up."

The blonde shook his head, still smiling, then reached down to pick the tabby up. Immediately she woke up and scrambled away from his grasp, digging herself into (M/N)'s hoodie.

He widened his green eyes while the both of them watch the cat still, curling back up into a ball.

"I didn't know you were an animal person." Nick was finally awake, leaning on the side to witness what was going on next to him. He yawned hugely. "And when did you end up on the floor?"

"You shoved me off," (M/N) muttered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." He dismissed the subject and managed to sit up, carefully sliding Patches out of his hoodie and into his arms.

"Cassie told me that she found you guys sleeping together," Clay said. "How come you guys didn't invite me?"

"It- it was last minute." Nick and (M/N) quickly exchanged glances, not going unnoticed by the blonde. 

The (H/C) male shrugged. "I couldn't sleep, so we decided to watch a movie. It wasn't intentional that we fell asleep on each other."

Clay shrugged, then clapped his hands. "Well, get a move on. We're going somewhere today!"

(M/N) frowned. "But I have classes-"

"Wait, didn't you say that you were on summer break now?"

The male blinked, then rubbed his eyes. "Oh, yeah. I forgot about that."

"Where are we going?" Nick turned to Clay, who brought a finger to his lips.

"Can't tell you. It's a secret."

"Is Cassie gonna come with us?" (M/N) stood up and walked over to the kitchen, Patches now balancing on one of his shoulders.

Clay grunted. "Yeah, she's also gonna bring some of her friends with her. It is her-"

"Don't tell me it's her birthday," He cut him off with a pained expression. The blonde clamped his mouth shut.

"Um-"

"Dear mother of god, and the first thing she saw was me and Nick literally on top of each other."

"What?"

"Case in point, I have to apologize to her." (M/N) frowned, looking at the stove. "Clay, what's Cassie's favorite breakfast thing- or whatever?"

"I think-"

"Pancakes," Nick called over from his couch. Clay stared at him. "What? She told me when we were ordering breakfast at a diner."

(M/N) snapped his fingers. "Pancakes it is." He set Patches down, trying hard to ignore her protesting calls, and looked in the fridge. 

Nick leaned on the back of the couch. "Does he know what he's doing?"

The blonde shrugged. "No idea."

"Clay, stop standing there like a dimwit and tell me where the mixing bowls are!"

---

"Clay, why does it smell so good-"

Cassie walked into the kitchen, seeing (M/N) at the stove frying pancakes while Clay and Nick sat at the table digging in.

The (E/C) male smiled at her sheepishly. "Sorry about earlier. Also..." He raised the pan, along with his shoulders. "Happy birthday.

.

.

.

"Marry me," She blurted out.

Clay froze, a forkful halfway up his mouth. Nick started choking on his water, punching his chest. (M/N) looked at her with wide eyes. Patches...

Well, Patches was just being Patches.

"Wait-wait! I didn't mean it that way!" Cassie frantically shook her hands after she just realized what she said. "It-it's just that I'm not used to people besides my family doing something for me-"

(M/N) just let out a breathless laugh, turning back to the pancakes. "It's alright. Go and eat, I made plenty."

Cassie stiffly made her way to the table and sat opposite to her brother, who slid her a plate of pancakes. 

"(M/N)," Nick mumbled around a mouthful. "Where did you learn to cook?"

The male pointed the spatula at him, not answering for a second.

"You never know when your spouse could cook or not."

Clay tilted his head. "I thought all women could cook..." He faltered, his gaze landing on Cassie. She glared back at her brother. "Nevermind."

"So, Cassie, which friends are you bringing with you?" (M/N) turned off the oven and sat next to her, pulling a plate up to him.

She tapped her fork on the surface of her plate. "Some school friends. Clay wouldn't let me bring any boys."

The blonde crossed his arms. "Of course I didn't. But now thinking back what you just said-"

She groaned, slamming her forehead on her table, causing (M/N) to jump slightly. "Shut up, terracotta."

"Terracotta?" Nick wheezed. "What the f*ck is that?"

(M/N) blinked. "It's a type of clay-"

"Dude! It's not that funny!" The blonde shot Nick an offended look as the brunette laughed harder. Cassie chuckled along with him, and the corners of (M/N)'s mouth twitched. 

"Guys it- it isn't that funny!"

"Sorry, terracotta."

"(M/N)! Not you too!"

NOTE:

jesus christ-

just writing this makes me miss summer. So. Fucking. Bad.

now that I notice that the majority of the book is filler chapters? 

Like I care.

also, probably look out for maybe two more chapters today- YES I AM TAKING CARE OF MYSELF, its just that I'm at a part that I'm super excited about-