misunderstood

(No smut kinda angsty but there's also a lot of fluff)

Shoji pov

I walk on the sidewalk near some park tokoyami wanted to meet me at. (Before they started dating.) As I'm walking around this park I notice him sitting underneath a large cherry blossom tree. "Hey tokoyami." He looks up at me and smiles. "Shoji. I'm glad you came." And I take a seat on the hard ground next to him.

"So what did you want to talk about?" He looks at me "um I kinda wanted to talk more about myself and see if you wanted to be more open about your mask. But of course you dont have too! I just thought..." I place my hand over his "yeah I would like that." He smiles before it fades. "I guess I'm going first then so a long time ago when I was a kid.....

(He's still telling the story there's just not gonna be quotation marks.)

Tokoyami pov

It's so cold. Where are my parents? This alley is dark. Well I guess I will never see my biological parents again because of my stupid quirk! I sit on the ground of a dark alleyway at 4 years old in the winter after developing a quirk that gave me a humans body great... Not knowing what to do i start sobbing. I hear gentle footsteps stop in front of me and lift my head seeing a really kind looking couple.

"You poor thing must be cold." The woman said handing me her big fluffy jacket. "Do you have a name little guy?" I think but nothing comes to mind and that makes me sob harder. The couple whispers to each other before looking at me I watch the woman nudge the man. He steps forward "can we take you home?" I look at them they were nice enough to talk to me so I nod and I get carried to what I assume is their car.

Time skip

As I'm sitting down eating food "whats your quirk buddy?" I hear the man ask and I point and my quirk exits my body as a tiny shadowy demon. And I pet it thinking it's cute. "Dark... Shadooow." I say and it giggles making me laugh. Both the people smile and stare at me "Fumikage." The woman says with confidence which made me happy. "You like that name?" I nod excitedly and they both smile. "You can call us mom and dad." And I nod again.

Time skip

The first day of elementary. It cant be that bad. "Have a good day sweetheart." "Bye mom! Bye dad!" I walk to the building happily and walk in the teacher stares at me with a weird look on her face before motioning for me to sit down. So I do.

Another time skip sorry

I sit down at recess when so kids come over a take the toys I was playing with. "Hey! Give it back!" They look at each other with a smirk before looking at me. "Hold him down." The leader says and they hold both my arms and body down and they start attacking me. Some of them using their quirks. They leave me on the floor in a ball shaking. This happens for the next few days without the teacher doing anything until. We were watching a movie with the lights off when one of them plucked one of my feathers and I lost it. Dark shadow went crazy on those four boys attacking them and I had to speak with the principal. I went unpunished but I got a warning and I never had problems with anyone ever again."

"Wow" shoji states wide eyed. "Yeah" he looked at me smiling through hus mask. "It's satisfying to think about huh?" I chuckle and nod. "Alright my turn I guess." "You dont have to-." " No I trust you so here's what happened."

(Same format)

Shoji pov

"We mommy what is that!?" My cousin shouted at the top of his lungs pointing at me. I was being babysat by my aunt on my mom's side. "Looks like a moster to me." She chukled and my cousin laughed. They always make jokes like this but its not funny to me. So I try to ignore them. But later that night I couldnt when my cousin grabbed a pair of scissors and walked up to me while I was sleeping.

I wake up tied down to a bed and my aunt and cousin are standing over me. "Sweetheart I think Mezou needs a makeover." Handing my cousin the large sharp scissors again. My cousing put the scissors over my mouth and started cutting. I was screaming and crying when some burst through the door. It was my mom. I cry to her and she gently takes me away from them and calls the cops. Both my aunt and cousin got arrested.

Time skip

A couple years ago before I put on my mask I saw this little girl who looked pretty sad. I went over to check on her. "Hey are you alright?" She looked at me and her eyes widened before she screamed and sobbed. She ran from me and it hurt. I didn't want to scare any little kids. "So thats why I wear my mask." "Oh shoji I had no idea." I look at tokoyami. Hes someone I can trust. I pull my mask down and he gasps as his eyes widen. He gently strokes a finger over my scarred lips. "How beautiful..." I hear him whisper causing me to blush. "Thank you for trusting me with this shoji." "Mezou." "What?" "Call me Mezou." His feathers ruffle cutely as he gets embarrassed. "O-okay mezou call me Fumikage then." I smile "I'll do that." And we sit watching the sunset.

                      👁the👄end👁