Upon The Frozen Lake

This was a gift for a secret Santa about a year ago! 

---

As winter came around to the land of Fiore, everything had become a white slate due to the snow fall.

The only sound you could hear was the crunching of footsteps as Gray and Juvia walked in a secluded area deep in the forest.

"Gray-sama, where are you taking Juvia?" She asked. She knew where they were but she didn't know why they were here.

He let out a laugh as they continued walking. "You'll see soon."

She let out at small pout but he wrapped his hand in hers to reassure her.

Soon the forest floor branched out into a clearing with a giant lake.

"It's beautiful!" She gasped. "We aren't going swimming, right?" She turned towards him.

"Of course not, just wait." He stood at the edge of the lake and kneeled. His hand glided over the top and soon the cold lake was glazed over with a layer of ice.

He then went to Juvia and brought her over to sit on a bench. He lifted her ankle and did the same to her boot until an ice skating blade formed on the soles of her shoes.

"Ice skating?" She saw the lake glisten with specks of crystalization.

"Yeah I remember you saying you've never done it before, so I thought maybe I could teach you." She didn't miss the way the tint of pink went on his face.

"That's very sweet Gray-sama" she went to walk forward but her ice skate tripped up on the ice, she closed her eyes waiting for the impact of freezing snow on her face but I never came. Instead a warmth of arms surrounded her and Gray had caught her.

"Easy there." He left out a laugh and helped her to the edge of the lake.

"Wait. What if Juvia falls?" Her eyes widened as he stepped onto the lake.

"Then I'll catch you." He winked and she took a deep breath before placing on skate onto the ice.

She brought her other foot on and clung to Grays arms as her feet tried to keep her steady.

"Don't worry I've got you." He whispered in her ear and she felt the big blush spread on her face.

He brought their hands together and guided her,making sure she didn't end up on her butt and kept her at a steady pace.

"I think you've got it Juv."

"If you let me go I will waterlock you until you are begging for mercy." She stated with a deadly glare.

He raised an eyebrow at her empty threat but kissed her cheek and let go of her hand. "Watch this."

He pushed off the back of his own skate and into the middle of the lake. Juvia watched as her effortlessly glided and jumped into to air, spinning around and landing perfectly.

It took her breath away. He was so comfortable in his own element and she didn't realize just how beautiful ice could be. Their was a childlike smile on his face as he skated around and came back to her.

"Wow, you're amazing Gray-sama!" She tried to go to him but once again, her skates betrayed her and soon she was in his arms again.

"I'm starting to think you're only this bad because you want me to hold you." He smirked and she rolled her eyes.

"Maybe." She winked but they both knew she wasn't doing it on purpose. "Alright, I think Juvias got it." She used his strong arm to push off him and began to glide slowly but away from him.

Her start was a bit wobbly but as she continued, she managed to stay upright for more than 10 seconds which is progress.

"Juvias doing it!" She laughed and he followed behind her with his hands tucked into his pockets, cocky.

He kept going around her and her head began to spin as she couldn't keep her eyes on him. "Gray slow down." She complained but couldn't stay mad at him.

He skated out into the middle again before returning to her side. "If we leave now we'll make it back in time for Mira's hot coco."

"That's sounds delicious, plus Juvias feet are killing her." She looked down and wiggles her toes. "She May be getting used to the cold but it still tinges."

"Can't relate." He shrugged before bringing her back towards the bench. He waved his hand and soon her boots had been rid of ice skate.

He noticed that her laces had come untied and began to fix them, focusing on creating the perfect loops.

She smiled softly as she watched him work and leaned down to meet his eyes. She tilted his chin up with her finger. "Thank you for this Gray-sama." She said before connecting her lips with his and losing herself in the moment.

She smiled brighter as she pulled away and his face was beat red but showing a smirk. "Anytime."

They grabbed their bags and walked hand and hand back to the guild. Little did she know, there was a giant heart carved into the frozen lake made by a certain pair of skates.

---

Hope you enjoyed :)