Fine

The night was peaceful. The cool air calmed all the storms that arose in the day and allowed for a new day to begin.

But as all the houses were tucked away with the blanket of the night sky, one house was dimly lit buy a rusted lamp.

The door had opened quietly, trying not to awaken the tired woman at the end of the hall. But as the silent figure moved from room to room, his feet became glued as the lamp sprung to life and flared its harsh light at the woman.

"Honey I-" Grays voice was cut of by a swift raise of a hand. The hand that belonged to his pregnant wife Juvia.

"No" her once soft voice became colder than his ice and froze him in place. "No more" She was tired and it showed but instead of her husband rubbing her feet and comforting her, he stayed back and wasn't ready for what was about to unravel.

She stepped forward with the force of an army.

"You listen to me and you listen to me good because I will only say this once." The third person narration that he once adored was gone. She hadn't even faced him yet as her eyes concentrated on the wedding photo plastered on the wall. "By morning you will be gone and away. You won't contact me anymore."

He took a step back, colliding with the door. His nightmare had just come true, she had found out.

Her face creased as she felt her baby kick, sending a tear down her face but keeping the emotionless expression.

"I want to be apart of his life!" His voice cracked and gave out, mimicking the shattering of his beloveds heart. The one he broke.

Finally her eyes met his. Bruised from rubbing them underneath and cheeks with stains from her never ending flow of tears.

"You want to be apart of his life?" The waver in her voice tried to harden but she couldn't muster the courage to keep a stern expression.

"Yes" he answered. He took a step forward but her eyes darted back to the wedding photo. A memory that had seem to become erased from both their minds.

"Fine." He could see the tremor in her body, and his heart surged knowing he was the cause.

"Fine?" His voice lost strength and he felt hope.

"Yes." Her eyes locked back and she stood but never stepped towards him. "Because when he grows up and asks why mommy and daddy don't live with each other you can tell him the truth." Her blue iris darken and the storm within them gave fear to his.

His face fell and he forgot how to breath.

"You can look into his pure eyes and say that you didn't love his mother enough. You can say that you don't love him enough. That you would rather sleep with another woman than lay with your pregnant wife."

"J-Juvia." His voice was no match.

"You get to look as tears burn his eyes and tell him that he wasn't worth it, that his own mother wasn't good enough." The quiet night began to fill with her volume. A finger stabbing into his chest and his back against the wall.

"Please I-I"

"No." Her foot smashed down and now he flinched but he deserved it.

"I'm not doing the movie bullshit. So when your son says he wants to be just like you, you get to tell him that you don't want to be a man like me. You don't want to be a selfish bastard that rather treat the ones he claims to love like shit. That the man you are is an ignorant, self center ass that cheated on his pregnant wife not once but twice!"

The stains on her cheeks had filled with the rapids of her tears. Outside, the night had become home to a raging rain storm that would flood the town for days, lighting flashed across the sky and reflected onto her angry face.

"So you can be in his life and live with the fact that he can grow up hating you or you can leave right now. And I can raise MY son without you. And when he asks"where is my dad" I'll say It doesn't matter because you have a mother who loves you more than you could know even if you share the same dna as the jackass." She shouted.

He felt her hand on his chest. A weight in his hand.

Her wedding ring.

"Give it to your mistress." She spat.

His ears bled to the sound of the door slamming. Dropping to his knees he cried, but he had no right to.

For in the room across the hall laid a woman who poured all her love into one person. And in return, he betrayed the only person he ever loved.

Her eyes opened to the feeling of fingers swirling on her bump.

"Juvia? Love are you alright." A husky whisper floated to her.

Her pillow was dampened with her tears and she found her wedding ring placed on her finger.

A bad dream. A nightmare.

She turned to face him. Her husband. A good man. A man who would never in his life abandon her.

"Babe, come here." He pulled his wife closer to him, rubbing her arms and kissing her head.

"Another one?" He asked but he knew. These nightmares came from nowhere because they both knew that they would never hurt each other.

With a sob in her throat she looked up at him. "Will you tell me again?" She asked. He smiled at her, pushing her blue hair out of her eyes. Kissing her gently, reassuring her that he will always be right there.

And then he recited his vows.