I've Got You

Prompt: Juvia telling Gray shes pregnant 

Hope you enjoy!

----

Juvia couldn't believe it. Her eyes were wide open as she looked back at the test. It couldn't be she thought. Her hand covered her mouth and tears pricked her eyes and the idea became real.

"No" She whispered. She should have been happy, no, overjoyed that she would have Grays baby, but she wasn't.

One of her wildest fantasies had come true but it felt like a nightmare, a nightmare she didn't want to afflict on him. They weren't even dating yet. That night just...happened. Sure they were completely sober and the moment felt right but Juvia knew that it didn't mean the next step and this certainly wasn't helping.

She wanted more than anything to have a family with the man she adored. The man who saved her from a fate worse than death, but not like this.

She wanted a plan, an agreement with him. One where they look into each other eyes and say they are ready, not a mistake. Mistake? Did she just call her baby a mistake? No, she didn't mean it, her getting knocked up was an accident, not a mistake.

But she knew Gray. She knew how he was and that he pushed unwelcome feelings away but she didn't know how he would react. They weren't ready to be parents, hell they weren't ready to be partners, at least one half wasn't.

"You can't force this." Juvia whispered to herself, but it wasn't her fault. They weren't careful and now she would have to face the new reality. "You could leave." Tears fell from her eyes. "You could leave and he wouldn't know. No Juvia you must tell him, he has every right to know." She sobbed. All these conflicting thoughts pushed her deeper into sorrow.

Her back hit the sink and she slid down onto the floor, hysterically crying and wondering what to do. She held the pregnancy test in her hand and anger rose. The test hit the wall as she screamed.

"He wouldn't want this."

"This isn't how it's supposed to go."

"W-why" Her throat burned as bile rushed up, her body overworking itself and she lunged to the toilet to get rid of the contents. Her mouth was dry when she came back up and she didn't have the energy to move. So she stayed put and let her tears trickled down her cheeks.

"I'll see you guys later." Gray said as he walked out of the guildhall. The moment the door opened Gray was found the sky pouring.

"Was it suppose to rain today?" He called back to Lucy and Natsu. Lucy looked up from her book and tilted her head.

"No not until next week." She responded.

"Huh" Gray shrugged and form an umbrella with his magic. As he walked home, he put his hand out into the rain, letting the drops hit it gently.

A confused expression graced his face. This wasn't normal rain. Where had he-Juvia.

He had only felt her rain a few times before but there was no doubt that the water mage was the cause of the storm. He turned on his heel and headed towards Fairy Hills. Thousands of thoughts ran through his mind as he question why she would be sad but nothing prepared him for this.

He managed to get into her apartment without being caught and found her sitting on her bathroom floor bawling her eyes out. Her face was stained red and her head was leaned against the toilets edge.

"Juvia-" He walked into slowly but stopped in his tracks when he saw the white stick at her feet. His blood turned cold. No. We were careful.

"I-im sorry." Her voice was barely audible as her throat cried out in pain. His mind paused from the wild thoughts and his eyes focused on her.

Her lip was trembling and her eyes were lined with red as the tears kept coming. She tried to hang her head down, ashamed to look him in the eyes. He could feel the tremor of her body and didn't realize the true effect of their situation. Slowly Gray fell to his knees.Her body flew to his chest as he pulled her close. Gray stroked her hair and rubbed her back softly while placing a kiss against her forehead.

"I've got you." He whispered and her sobs die down. "Don't apologize." He said and held her tighter. He was shocked beyond belief but right now she needed him.

"You don't want this, its okay." He heard her mutter against his shirt and he pushed her to see her face.

"What?" His eyes widened.

"Gray-sama doesn't want t-this" She pointed between them. "A-and Juvia understands." She voice broke. "Juvia won't put you through it."

His eyes darken and he became angry. "Do you actually think I don't want this?"

She paused and thought for a second before nodding her head and holding back a painful sob.

"Juvia." His voice became soft and full of agony. He realized she was right. He didn't want it to go like this, no. He wanted to do it right. But this was unavoidable. "I'm sorry if you think that." His finger tilted her chin up. Her skin was flushed pale and she looked exhausted, his heart ached for her. He hated how she thought he didn't care.

"We are going to do this together, how it should be done." Her expression was still blank and she looked down.

"For the baby." She whispered.

"For us." He smiled and kissed her lips softly but she push him back quickly. "Juvia, I promise you that I will be by your side through this and everything after. I know I'm not the most wordy guy but hey, I'm going to be here and our child-" His hand fell onto her stomach. "Will never feel the loneliness we felt. I promise you that I'm in this not just for our baby but for you and I'm going to protect and care for our family no matter what. Okay?"

She nodded her head and placed her hand on top of his. Slowly he leaned in and cupped her face, smiling softly before connecting his lips with hers. He was surprised when she pulled back quickly. She turned towards the bowl to throw up again and he felt bad that she was sick form this.

"Sorry." Her voice echo from the bowl and he laughed before cupping her hair into his hand and rubbing her back softly.

"Don't apologize." She leaned into his back when she was down and a thought popped into her head.

"Gray-sama?"

"Yes?"

"We aren't dating."

"Oh." He blinked after realizing this was true. "We could get married?" he asked and she shook her head.

"Juvia may love Gray-sama but she will not accept a proposal on the floor of the bathroom."

"Touche. Then let's just say that night was our first date." He kissed her cheek softly and smiled when he saw that all of her tears had dried.

"Juvia likes that plan."

"Oh and Juvia?" He said.

"Yes?"

"I love you too."