Labor

Prompt: Juvia goes into labor with twins, Gray and Natsu freak out before Lucy and Mira come.

Hope you enjoy!

-----

"Gray-sama?" Juvia called. She was sitting on the plush chair knitting as Gray and Natsu played an intense board game which would usually end in a brawl, but not this time.

"Yeah?" He asked but his attention was directed towards the game, the one he was currently losing at.

She held up the little black scarf she finished and smiled. "My water just broke."

"That's nice." Gray responded as he watched Natsu make a move and Juvia hummed softly.

...

..

.

"WAIT! WHAT?" Gray yelled as his realization slapped him. He turned to see Juvia sitting and finishing her creation. Panic began to set into the ice and dragon slayer mages. Suddenly chaos between the two broke out as they began to run around the house like two chickens with their heads cut off.

"Where the bag Gray?" Natsu called as sweat built up on his forehead.

"In the nursery!"

"Clothes?"

"Got em"

All of a sudden Gray stopped and ran towards his heavily pregnant wife.

"Juvia are you okay." Gray slid to his knees as he cupped her face and she looked at him with blank look.

"Juvia is fine." She stood up and pushed past the panting boys. "Juvia will go get ready"

"Okay. Do you need help?" He

"No Gray-sama just relax and maybe make some tea?"

"Tea? You got it." He shook his head and rushed towards the kitchen.

After what seemed like an eternity the kettle on the stove whistle and the tea bag was plopped into the hot water. Natsu sat on the couch after gathering all the necessary items and decided it would be best to contact Lucy and Mira, making sure they could help with Juvia.

"Juvia?" Gray knocked on the bathroom door before entering. The room was filled with steam and he realized that she was in the shower. "Are you in the shower?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yes, Juvia wanted to be clean and fresh for our babies."

"Okay well I brought you your tea."

"Oh that tea is for you. Gray-sama you need to relax." She giggled and he nodded while gulping down the hot tea. He handed her the towel next to him as she stepped out and waddled towards the sink.

"Juvia?" He asked. His voice was hesitant and his eyes gazed at the tea swirling in the cup.

"Hmmm?" She hummed and came out of the closet with a dark blue sun dress.

"We are about to become parents." He gasped and a smile formed on his face as Juvia began to curl her hair. She turned and smiled back as winced when she felt the start of her contractions.

"We are and Juvia couldn't be more happy." His hands sat on her waist and he kissed her cheek, making sure not to bump her hand which held the iron.

"Me too."

An hour or more had past and Juvia began her cycle of contractions.

"Natsu, where are the girls?" Gray asked for the hundredth time as Natsu paced the floor.

"Lucy said they got caught up at the train station but will be here soon."

"Natsu Dragneel if you don't stop pacing I am going to water lock you to death." Juvia complained as another painful wave crashed through her. Natsu stopped dead in his tracks and coward to the floor, scared of the labor induced water mage.

Juvia began to cry as the pain became unbearable.

"G-gray?" Her nails pierced into his hand but he rubbed her arm.

"Y-yeah?" He gulped knowing what was going to happen.

"The babies are coming."

"Oh my goodness, Juvia they are beautiful." Lucy cooed at the small baby girl in Gray's arms. Juvia held her baby boy tight to her chest and her tears were now full of love.

"Well thank Mavis you and Mira showed up in the nick of time." Gray shuffled a laugh and was just thankful him and Natsu didn't have to deliver the babies. he knew they would have some how messed it up and it was better to keep Gray by her side so she could see him.

"Welcome to the world my loves." Juvia kissed the top of the little boys head and was given a kiss by her wonderful husband.