A Years Difference

Enjoy :)

----

It had been a full year. A full year since she had her guild mark placed onto her skin, it was a symbol of not only pride for her guild but rebirth for her crimes.

Every loved their mark. Displaying it was a true form of being a FairyTail wizard but for her, it meant more.

It meant that she was free from the prison of being a Phantom Lord wizard. It brought her hope and filled her heart with love knowing that someone out there believed in her to have a kind heart. It was as if her purity from childhood had been restored.

The guild was chatty as usual and the once unknown faces all held familiarity, a contrast to her days at Phantom Lord.

Even for being at her old guild for years, most knew her name but she didn't bother about everyone beneath her, but here, they were all equal.

It never occurred to her how much life had changed. A year ago she was on top of a roof holding her beloved in a water lock spell with the rain cascading around her. A year ago she had constant fire of death and didn't care if her life end in a quick flash.

At that guild she was a pawn. A strong member whose life was only as valuable as a bug.

"Hey Juvia!" Lucy waved as she walked by her.

The blondes face was one she used to fear. She used to be afraid of being rejected by the guild because she was almost the cause of the celestial mages life.

"Hello Lucy." She smiled back.

But now she was a friend. Lucy was one of the first to tell her that. To show her that no matter how dark her past was, she could come back from it. She had a heart of gold and she was determine to get to that place one day.

She watched as Lucy took a seat next to Natsu. Natsu was the one to show her how to push her limits, to not worry about the destruction around you but to be happy and powerful. She admired his strength that way and whenever they trained, she was allowed to go all out because he wouldn't accept anything less.

Her head turned to see Levy and Gajeel. Their shoulders were touching and she was probably rambling on about some book she had just picked up.

If anyone was to have forgiveness it was Levy. Juvia smiles at the memory of Levy coming to her apartment and gushing about her iron slayer friend.

They had grown the closest and Levy made sure she always felt at peace around the others. She even taught Juvia how to read in a different language and even performed a water script unison raid.

The laughing at the bar caught her attention and she notice Erza and Mira sharing a piece of cake. Those two encouraged the water mage about her power and show that women can be stronger than anyone believes.

Plus Mira makes some of the best cake and hooked Juvia on her sweet tooth. She had never had the sweetness of a cake or cookie before and she got to experience new things daily.

Juvia looked into her tea cup. A smile on her face and she never realized how often she smiled.

She heard the door to the guild open and a few conversation until the seat in front of her pulled away and replaced with a man. A man who changed her life in so many way. She was in debt to him.

"Good morning Gray-sama." She smiled and she could feel the tears in her eyes.

"Hey Juv, you okay?" He asked her but she only nodded and wiped her tear with her sleeve.

"Juvia is just remembering that's all."

He nodded and took one of the cookies off her plate. "I have something for you." He smirked.

"Gray-sama has something for Juvia? But it's not any day special."

"Hm I could be wrong but I believe you joined the guild exactly a year ago today."

Juvia set her tea cup down and a small blush tinted her face. "Yes, it has been a year."

He let out a small laugh and pulled a small box from his pocket. "You didn't think I would forget."

"To be honest, Juvia didn't think it was that important."

"Yeah know for someone who spends each day remember certain things and giving us anniversaries on the daily...I thought this would be the best one."

He was right. She found something to celebrate with him on the daily but could you blame her? Who wouldn't want to give the person who saved their life a little gratitude?

She was a little awestruck and gasped when he brought out a small box. It was deep blue with a small silver ribbion on it.

"I saw it when I was on a job a week ago and thought of you." She giggled at his blush and hand on the back of his neck. "It's not much but-"

"Juvia will love it no matter what."

Her fingers lifted the hood of the box. Inside on the velvet lining was a silver necklace with a small cross.

"This looks like yours." She whisper and he nodded.

"My necklace is a reminded of my past and what I lost. Hopefully this is a glimpse into your future and what you have gained. I know you love matching items so I thought this would be good for...us."

Her eyes darted up to his. "Us?"

"Yeah I mean- Juvia ever since you came to the guild, I-I get what they say about finding your person and I'm not so bright about most things but this-" he grabbed her hand. "This I'm sure about."

Her heart swelled at the gesture and she made no waste of time to put on her newest prized possession. It sparkled against her skin and she couldn't be more proud to be apart of Fairy Tail.

"Thank you Gray-sama." She wiped her tears away. "Thank you for asking me to join."

He watched as her eyes softened and couldn't believe how beautiful she was in that moment. "Thanks for kicking my ass on that roof." He smirked as she giggled.

The guild was full of energy around them but for a moment it was just them, just like how they started. But instead of them facing off in a battle, the sat as a pair of strong wizards who brought out the best in one another.