Flower Crown

"All done" Gray whispered to himself. He finished cleaning up the kitchen after he made a mess trying to make lunch for him and Juvia.

After that ordeal they decided that he should never be allowed to cook so he opted for just being a helper to her.

He leaned against the counter and looked outside the window, it was a beautiful day out and Juvia had been staying outside more often.

Thinking of her, he scanned their backyard, which was just the forest and noticed a blue blob in the distance.

What is she doing now? He thought to himself and found his way on the path towards the blue beauty.

It had come to Grays attention that he had grown extremely fond of her. He loved the way she smiled at every little thing and how she would spin and dance around the kitchen while humming her favorite songs. He even enjoyed the nights where they would just sit together peacefully in silence, the only sound would be the crickets in the field.

He slowly approached where she was. Sitting with her back to him, she was singing a soft song and he couldn't help but smile.

Surrounding her were many colorful flowers that she had found on their walks and each one was being woven into a flower crown. She already made a bluebell one for her and a matching anklet that brighten on her pale skin.

Slowly Gray sat next to her, touching their knees together and looking at all her creations.

"Gray-sama! Do you like all of Juvias crowns?" Her face was lit up and she placed a matching bluebell crown in his dark hair. Her smile grew when he didn't try to take it off.

"They are certainly pretty. Just like you." He pulled her to his chest so she leaned against him. "Why did you make so many?" He asked.

He felt her body stiffen. "Juvia made one for each of our guild mates." She pointed at the one on the left.

"The sunflower one is for Levy. Those white Lilies are for Mira and Lisanna, and the daffodils are for Cana. This rose one that Juvia is working on now is Lucy's and the matching red one is Natsu's. I even found Ivy leaves for Gajeel and Elfman." She put her arms at her hips and deepened her voice. "Ivy is manly."

"That's very sweet of you Juvia." He responded. He knew that the weight of not knowing where their guildmates were, was tearing her down day by day.

They only have each other to talk to, and some days were full of silence.

Gray closed his eyes and leaned against the tree, Juvia still between his legs, creating the floral head pieces. Time passed by as she finished up all the guilds crowns.

Drip

His felt his nose twitched.

Drip

His eyes scrunched.

Drop

He opened his eyes to see a light shower forming in the sky.

"Hey it's starting to rain maybe we-" he stopped. "Oh". Pulling her close against himself, he realized that the rain didn't come from the clouds.

She was crying.

He turned her so she was facing him and moved her hair out of her face. "Please don't cry love." He ushered.

Her body responded and she put her head against his chest.

"They will come back right? Gray-sama, Juvia will see them again?" She asked through sniffles.

He didn't know the answer. But they were Fairy Tail wizards, so they would be reunited one way or another.

"Of course." He answered her. He reached over and placed the crowns into the basket she brought out. Scooping her up into his arms and grabbing the basket, he walked back to their little house, dripping in water and keeping her warm.

Opening the door, he put the basket on the counter and carried her to the bathroom.

Hot water filled the tub and Juvia sank into the known element, a sob escaping every so often.

On the other side of the tub, Gray massaged her feet, helping her to calm down. He pulled her leg, making her body fly to his, the water splashing between us.

"No more tears." He whispered, his breath fanning her face. She simply nodded and responded to the kiss he just placed on her lips.

Pulling away his eyes furrowed and he watched her giggle.

"What?" He asked.

Her last tears fell into the tub and she pointed to his head.

"You're still wearing Juvias crown dear." She giggled more. Moving his eyes up, he saw a faint blue color.

His dark eyes met her once again and smiled.

"Well I guess I love it so much, I don't want to take it off." He then began to place dozens of kisses on her face and neck, making her laugh and splash water onto the floor.

——

Months passed by and as Gray entered his secret mission, leaving Juvia behind, he spotted something along the path.

Standing away from the group of evil doers, he bent down and picked the delicate flower. His heart shattered at the sight of the blue color.

A bluebell.

"You'll see them soon Juvia." He whispered and placed the small flower into his dark coat.