Gruvia Week 2020: Day 2

Prompt: Alluring 

From Gruvia Day Week 2020

---

The day was sweltering and hot. He was thankful that his magic was in the cool realm. He had left his team to track down one of the strongest members of Phantom Lord, they had to win for Lucy's sake, they had too.

He finally reached the roof top and soon the clear summer sky turned dark and muddy grey. Even though he was immune to the cold, a shiver ran up his spine.

Across the threshold a dark figure emerged through the shadows. A bright pink umbrella and a dark scowl to match, she wasn't what he was expecting.

She made a foul remark but it barely registered as he looked her over. His face was matching hers, frozen and stone like yet on the inside, he was burning with a raging fire that would make a certain fire wizard jealous.

Everything about her drew him in. He felt a pull, a connection of some sort and her bright blue eyes contrasted the dark threads she wore.

Her magic. Her presence. She oozed confidence and had a mysterious aura.

He had lost thought as soon as his body was engulfed in a hot swarm of water. It burned at his skin rivaling his cool insides.

She had a dark glow around her and she stared him down.

He blinked as his magic took over and soon thousands of shards of ice were shattering around them. He fell to his knee and looked up as she came back towards him.

She was breathtaking.

His head was clouded with too many thoughts. Every thing about her was screaming for his attention but he kept his poker face on. He had a battle to win.

His ice magic was pairing with hers in a way hes never countered before. he has always been with rivailing magic, fire, steel, weapons. But water?

It was fluid and quick as it praictakky danced around him efotlessly.

His ice flew at her without hestiation. He waited for the impact, for her to give up and surrend. But it didnt.

Instead his magic broke behind her, passing through her as if she were a phantom, a beatufil ghost. His eyes widened and breathing took a still. The clusters of water particles reformed her shape and he was stunned as nothing could touch her.

She was invunclbel.

But even incivnable things have a crack, a weakness.

Her body was falling from the roof, mimiching the rain storm from above. She was the enemy. The one he had to beat, yet his hand grabbed hers without hestation.

He could see it now. That sheltered stare. Those blue eyes that held no emotion were no bursting with light as if he had restarted her heart in that moment. He couldnt feel the droplets pelting him any more but pulling her up so she was safe.

The sky returned to its summer glory and he sat there panting from their personal war.

She whispered something to herself and he barely heard as his eyes were trained on her.

She was a mystrious girl. Captruing him sefotlessly.

SHe was aulluring. Stunning to say the least.

They parted ways, leaving each other behind and he wished that he could gaze into those blue eyes again. Become captiavted by the sea of her well being.

His head hurt, from the fight, it must be. But there was a feeling deep within that had shifted insdie, breaking free from his stubborn heart.

She was amazing. He thought to himself as he brushed away those unknown emotions.

Even after the night fell and the stars rose in the sky, the only thing he could think of was how those blue eyes glistened in the summer sun.

----