Within The Darkness

---

There was a time where darkness was the only thing she knew. It followed her like a ghost, chilling her spine every moment it got. She had become so used to the darkness, her shadow as disappeared completely. There was nothing left for the darkness to take, so it began to consume her.

With every passing second, the dark drained a drop of her life. She hadn't noticed it ripping apart her soul and if she did, she wouldn't have stopped it anyways.

The clouds that lingered in the sky moved closer to earth until it had too began to follow her closely like that of the ghost. She felt frozen most of the time but she grew used to it, it was startling but it brought comfort. When every one left, her darkness would follow.

She ignored every passing glance and frown. The call towards her as she forgot the world around her as she kept going, where? Where ever the darkness decided to pulled her.

She felt it. The tug. At first it was by her side but over time as the moons passed, the ghost was now in charge as if she became a prisoner to something she couldn't place. She wanted to scream and break free, move on from this torture but she would stop herself and allow for that ghost to pull harder this time.

There was a fear she had. That one day the darkness would leave. It would miraculously disappear into thin air and she wouldn't know what to do. She would be lost without that, although scary at sometimes, it was her shield. It kept innocent people out and kept her in. She was used to it by now. The heartbreak of everyone leaving, it was easier for her to stay away anyways.

But then it happened. The small little speck. At first she tried to snuff it out, not knowing how it entered her world but it never let. It speckled around, lighting up occasionally. Maybe she had done something? No she was still the same.

She tried to forget about it, let it rot away until the darkness overtook it. She could look down at herself and saw it. The ghost was becoming her. She was losing a battle, a fast one too and maybe she would stop fighting.

It was on that final day as she walked towards her prey. A battle to end the war. She met his eyes and suddenly the light around her grew more. It pooled at her feet and she was afraid to step on it this time. Afraid to put it out. The soft glow had made her wince but she couldn't stop the settling feeling.

ANd then it went black. She felt the mouth of the darkness open as her body fell from the roof top, her eyes closing as if she were accepting it. The ghost would be pleased.

Then there was a tug. A grip on her ice cold hand that was warm and soft. She felt that jolt of heat run through her body and awaken this fire from deep within, she thought it had been snuffed out years ago, when the rain started.

She opened her eyes hesitantly, expecting the darkness and the figure to be another swirled of muddled black ready to take her again. But it wasn't

It was a blinding light, burning her eyes as she was pulled up. She had never seen such a spectacle of color as the darkness instantly vanished. She could breath and watched as her shadow clung to her like an old friend.

She turned to see the figure. His eyes dark but not in a way she feared. She could hardly speak as those clouds that were close to the ground lifted and dissipated into the air, she had forgotten what the sky looked like, she had forgotten what life was suppose to be about.

And like the darkness, the light grew brighter. Each small touch of the hand or that smile would burst her world into a new source like a firework. Those tears she shed were happy ones, grateful for the figure to pull her into the light.

That light captivated her like a moth to a bright beautiful flame. Instead of it pulling and tugging at her with muffled screams, she was running towards it and laughing, when was the last time she had laughed?

And as she grew older and stood by his side over and over again, she wondered how she ever lived a life among the shadows when it was so warm out here. He kissed her softly, that glimmer in his eyes every time he looked at her.

"I love you Juvia."

"I love you Gray."

The darkness was something she had forgotten about over the years. His blinding light had given her the power and the flame she always had but was never strong enough to over come. Even if those small specks come through like drops of black ink, he was there to stomp them away with his brightness.

So learned over time that she had become his own beacon. She had absentmindedly transform his shadows into shards of stained glass, blinding him the moment he laid eyes on her.

Two prisoners of darkness now controlled their own speckle of light. Dancing within it glory as not even the sun could compare.

And when she looked back on that little girl who got taken by a ghost and let the rain come down, she wished she could hug her and tell her to never give up. To let her tears flow freely because soon someone would be there to wipe them away.

The darkness might had destroyed them both and took a piece of who they were but their love was something stronger than that. They had taken what they had once feared and let it blossomed into something they could share together.

And if you were to ask her what was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen, she would tell you about that burst of light that exploded behind her beloved as her pulled her from the shadows and to a world she had never knew existed.

---