A Royal Heart

hello my stargazers (what i call my readers on tumblr and now here just in case ya didn't know) 

So I know I've been a little mia lately, i just have been busy with school and work, but if you follow me on tumblr (same name) I am always active on there if ya wanna chat. 

ANYWAYS...

For the past few months i have been working on a long oneshot/fic for the nalugruviaevents tumblr and discord server. It was called the Big Bang Event where someone writes a fic and someone else makes an art piece for it. 

So here is my fic, its a Gruvia princess Au (and its pretty long) I didn't feel like giving it its own story since its a one shot. So hopefully you enjoy and go check out the amazing art work that was done by the talented Golden Morpho which is linked here: 

https://goldenmorpho.tumblr.com/post/186150927878/art-for-a-fic-by-thewritingstar-please-check-it

-------

It was a dark day on the kingdom. The clouds turned foggy and the sky cried viciously as Juvia watched her mother's casket lowered into the earth. Juvia clenched her fists until her knuckles turned a ghostly white as the worms squirmed on top of the carved wood. Even though her burial was filled with all of the people who adored her, it wasn't good enough. The smile that shone brightly on the princesses face was locked away under her icy heart as she said her final goodbye to her mother and this lands queen.

In that moment Juvia struggled to hold a smile and her heart was filled with a dark cloud. Every step she took, every breath gasped was held underneath a burden of sorrow that couldn't be shook. Her life became trapped under her mask and eternal rain swarmed inside her.

-Two Years Later-

"Juvia my dear." The door opened to reveal her father. "I have a question for you." His eyes were trained on his pride and joy. He leaned against the opening to her room and watched as she brushed her hair, a sigh escaped his lips. She looked so much like her mother that he began to question if she was even gone sometimes, but then Juvia turned and mustered up a small smile. His eyes soften and he walked behind her and picked up her tiara.

"Juvia is listening." She stated and watched through the mirror as her father placed the silver crown on her head, something he would do since she was a little girl. A simple act, but nonetheless comforting

"You will be 18 soon my dear." She knew where this conversation was headed and nodded accordingly. "And that means-"

"Juvia is to be wedded, I understand." She sighed and slipped on her ring and stood to walk towards her balcony. "Juvia knows her duties as a princess."

King Loxar followed her. Guilt fled through him knowing how unfair life could be. Since the death of her mother, Juvia refused to be courted, and he couldn't blame her. However the kingdom needed their next queen and Juvia's time for match making was coming to an end.

"His name?" she asked as she picked a flower blooming from the tree. The petals fell onto the marbled balcony as her dainty fingers plucked each petal, a silent wish destined to each.

"Well, you get to choose." At these words the princess turned her head. Perfectly plucked eyebrows arched and furrowed as confusion crossed her face.

"Juvia believed that courting was over, my husband is to be determined already."

"Yes but I decided that if you were to be married, it would be for happiness and love. Juvia-" He placed his hand on her shoulder and tilted her chin up. Sapphire orbs glistening in the light, a reflection of emptiness came from the depths of her pupils and he begged for the day that her heart could be free from grief but that possibility would take years and years, maybe even centuries. "I want you to be happy. Marrying your mother was my greatest moment right after your birth. Being a royal means sacrificing your happiness for the sake of the kingdom, but I want you to be able to have a marriage that you are happy with, even if it's just for a moment." he said.